CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > Finding area of irregular shapes. How to use ZWCAD or AutoCAD calculate area

Finding area of irregular shapes. How to use ZWCAD or AutoCAD calculate area

Jenny

Message 1 of 4

Finding area of irregular shapes. How to use ZWCAD or AutoCAD calculate area
05-06-2013 09:45 . pm | View his/her posts only
Finding area of irregular shapes. How to find the area of irregular shapes? How to use ZWCAD or AutoCAD calculate area. How do you figure area. It is easy to calculate the area of simple object by using area command. But when come to a complex object, it doesn't work.

To calculate the area of a irregular shape object, to find the area of irregular shape, we can use REGION command.

Solution: We can use REGION command to make the whole complex object to one region object, then use AREA command to get the area. Please notice that REGION command is not available in ZWCAD Standard version, but available in professional version.

autocad calculate area

calculate-area-irregular-shape.jpg
2013-6-18 15:53

You may also be interested in these posts:
How to find the area of a polygon
use lisp routine to calculate area of polyline in cad
measure area enclosed by a polyline
How to find the area of a polygon

Try ZWCAD+ free for 30 days:
http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad/ZWCAD_Overview/

robhowell

Message 2 of 4

14-06-2013 09:42 . pm | View his/her posts only
I find this is the best way to calculate area of geometric in special shape

Ravi_Akella

Message 3 of 4

18-06-2013 02:10 . pm | View his/her posts only
Gennerally I use MASSPROP command to get the total area of any selected regions, or typically fill in hatch and get the area from properties palette.

SLW210

Message 4 of 4

29-09-2013 04:03 . pm | View his/her posts only
Finding area of irregular shapes in AutoCAD, I do it this way: use polyline to snap to every vertex of the irregular shapes, input C to close the polyline for the last vertex, the area of this polyline object is the area of the irregular shapes, then select the polyline, and input command LIST to get all information of this polyline, include the area and perimeter etc.
See also