Some hidden tips you should might have neglected with ZW3D
Message 1 of 7
I would like to share as the first one, because I find there are so many hidden functions many users don't know when using ZW3D, I will continue to post what I know during the technical support, so this post will keep on updating.
I also hope that other users can feel free to share you know.
Message 2 of 7
* Back up your file when saving each time
* Blank and unlank cordinate and datum plane (Visual manager)
* Change the Open edges display stytle (Visual manager)
* Align the specify face as the forward direction (View manager)
In real design, we always need to set some face as the forward direction so that we can watch the model clearly.
* The use of Customization view (View manager)
The custom view can be used both in 3D (watching) but also in createing Drawing view. You can use your custom view to locate the drawing view. It's the approach when you want to use irregular direction to locate Drawing view.
* Turn on/off Drop shadow (View manager)
* Open feature detailed parameter.
(Also Double click the feature will display the key dimention)
* Use "Local copy" to open server document
This option was used to enhance the efficiency for opening network file. If you check this option, it can let you copy the file to local user folder shown as below, so it’s like to copy it to temp folder firstly then open it
It can let you operate the file as local disk, as long as you save it, it will connect the network to save the file.
It also can use to avoid some problems cause by internet connect, some time, when you open the file from server, and you lost the connect, if you check this option, it doesn’t matter, you can still keep on working.
You can also save as the file to other place, so that you don’t lost the date by the internet connect.
* The option control if sew the Face creation
It was used to control if sew the new created face with existed adjacent surfaces, which can be used in surface modeling design.
* A quick way to call Filter
New users think that we need to go to Aware document bar to change the current entities from Filter, but in fact ZW3D have a quick way to do that "Hold Shift key + Righ click", this way can let your mouse keep on locating at the operated area and don't need to move mouse to far away.
* Move geometry to specify layer
ZW3D has this function long time before, but since The layer manager has been reform in 2013 version, some uers don't know how to user this function.
* Copy geometry to specify layer
ZW3D 2013 offer this function in "Copy" command
* Create history folder in history manager
* Turn off the display of datum plane
Some times, we create many datum plane to assist Modeling design, we can turn off display by one click.
Message 3 of 7
Message 4 of 7
Message 5 of 7
Curious to hear Williams comments.
One example could be how you manage your files. If a small shop without strict file management needs putting multi-objects in a single *.zw3 file could be a good thing. Eliminates file overload and keeps everything in a project type of container. The container being a single *.zw3 file with many objects (parts, assemblies, drawings, CAM plans and so on).
But if you came from or are still in the the mid-range modeler environment your used to individual part files, assembly files, drawing files. Bunches of individual files. Jumping to a multi-object situation such as the one ZW3D offers could initially cause some confusion.
So this setting of "One object per file" might help you in kind of forcing or ensuring this individual file mode.
Message 6 of 7
Message 7 of 7
I can't say which way is better, but ZW3D support both two way. For me, Muliti Object can manager my project plan in one z3 files. Including the CAM plan and drafting.
But if the the file is big assembly I will split some object to become single z3 file. That will reduce the file capacity. And it will also increase the speed of opening file.
For example, in a whole 3d mold design file, because it is a little big, so I use one Top assembly to assembled Injection and Ejection component which existed as single z3 file.
And The Injection and Ejection z3 file inculding many object file .
So I merger two way to manger my file.
- copyclip command not allowed during reference editing
- how to open microstation drawing in autocad
- cad cam software free download
- freecad download
- 2d cam software free download
- free 3d cad software dwg
- autocad how to change bak file to dwg
- DWG to DXF
- zwcad 2012 keygen
- how to open dwg files in autocad
- buy solidworks 2010
- autocad license error
- drawing a parabola in autocad
- autocad for mechanical engineering free download
- mechanical engineering software free download