CAD software discussion forum > ZW3D CAD > Review on the latest ZW3D Webinar: Customizing 2D Drawing Templates

Review on the latest ZW3D Webinar: Customizing 2D Drawing Templates

bella

Manager

Message 1 of 7

Review on the latest ZW3D Webinar: Customizing 2D Drawing Templates
21-06-2013 03:36 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi all,

Thank you for attending our Webinar. We hope you enjoyed our event.

The download link below includes the webinar video and PPT.

Download Link

(Notes: If the video couldn't be played with the universal player, please download the codec here to install it and then watch the video.)

Just a reminder, we will have more 3D technical webinars coming up in the near future. You can get the latest information from here:

Online Training

Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: huangxiaoying@zwsoft.com

Paul

Message 2 of 7

25-06-2013 04:50 . am | View his/her posts only
Cool webinar- absolute must watch for anyone using 2013. A lot on new stuff here.
Feedback -
It would useful to have a flowchart of the simplest way of setting up Styles sets, and customised drawing templates that use the customised styles.

I use 3 paper sizes and ideally have 3 Styles - one for each, that are only slightly different - mostly in text scale. I have just realised, I can copy and rename an exported style than edit it's values to suit. This means I can perfect the details then duplicate these easily.

Cheers
Paul

Paul

Message 3 of 7

05-08-2013 02:58 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Orchid,
I have watched this Webinar or parts of it at least 4x now. I am very very impressed just how much power is here now to change add and customize drawing environment.

I think I have the idea sorted. AND some questions.

How do we control the location of Code Lists - are they always Top Left Corner?

BTW - this Webinar needs to be in The Stickey List

What is the significance of a Title Block template, bottom left, being located at 0,0?

Cheers

Dave

Message 4 of 7

08-08-2013 12:51 . am | View his/her posts only
I firmly agree with all Paul's comments. I have an additional question, I have edited a title block. How can I save it so it will appear in the titleblock list to be used on other drawing templates?

Dave

Paul

Message 5 of 7

08-08-2013 06:40 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Dave,
you need to watch the video some more!!!!

You need to copy the title block contents to you VXClipboard - with a name is best.
Clipboard is your friend in ZW - symbols are too, but not as flexible as Clipboard.

Then open the Title Template from your Program files /ZW3D... Resource folder.
When it is open, create new object(+ sign on page tab) and paste the Title block content from clipboard to the LHS point is at 0,0 - use the comma to shortcut 0,0 (works in all ZW situatins BTW.)
Now name the Title block as you need to, save the file and possibly restart.
If you want to make other Tile blocks etc, you can do more now then edit them later.
But to access them, they must be edited in this file.
An option is to just edit them in a live drawing until it is sorted then copy to clipbad and repeat this process until you are sorted.

IMO There is an orderly structure to be followed when customising

Part Template - Open part template and:
set dimensions, point, line attributes etc., Add User fields in Part Attributes - this is hte big effort -all that part specific data.
I Add the field name and repeat that as the field value so Iknow what I am working with.
e.g Name:Parent Part - value Parent Part.
Not required but handy.

Drawing Template: Open drawing template (Choose and exisitng one you like, then work from there - copy it and modify as much as you like.)

Then in the your start drawing template, decide and set up your Layers - Annotations, Dimensions, Hatch, Drawing (Layer 0000)

Styles: If you want to customise.(I do),
Edit each style and Saves as a consistent name. e.g PaulsA4_ISO
I edit text size, space etc. leadign zeros and all that stuff.
I make color By Layer and I choose the Layer for ach based on the previous Drawing Template setup.

When you are all done, and happy, Export you new style to a easy to find location in a new Folder - _My_ZW_STYLES.
You can copy over as much as you like as you retweak these on the fly.

Now proceed to edit your Tile blocks and Code lists.
Now in any sheet you just select your Title from the RMB/SheetFormat/Sheet Format Attributes/ Title Drop down.

Apologies if this is not as highly organised as it could be. A good How To Customize ZW3D Drawing environment step by step would be a really useful reference - in the HELP.

BTW until there is a Sheet Object Name Varialbe, you will need to enter this by hand for each sheet.
*** ZW take note - this needs fixing fast.

Orchid

Super Moderator

Message 6 of 7

08-08-2013 10:18 . am | View his/her posts only
Reply 3# mudcrab
Hi Paul,
You have got a good understanding about drawing template customization. ^_^

1.How do we control the location of Code Lists - are they always Top Left Corner?

If you customize the template by direct method, any block location will depend on its location in the sketch. So you can put it in anywhere.

If you use the preset method to define new template (it means picking the needed block from the well-defined template file), the block location is fixed. So it couldn’t be changed.

122.jpg
2013-8-8 10:17

2.What is the significance of a Title Block template, bottom left, being located at 0,0?
No special meaning, just for easy to draw it and add the dimensions.
~~~

Dave

Message 7 of 7

08-08-2013 09:12 . pm | View his/her posts only
Reply 5# mudcrab

Thanks Paul, I appreciate the information.

Daved
See also