CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Suggestion for Hole Improvement

Suggestion for Hole Improvement

Mattyvdv

Message 1 of 6

Suggestion for Hole Improvement
11-07-2013 08:25 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi,
The ZW hole tool is great. However, i would like to see an option for a counter-bore/counter-sink in one. I am always manufacturing parts with a counter-sink at the bottom of a counter-bored hole. Obviously there are many ways around that issue now however i just think it would be handy to have as one of the hole types in the drop down menu.

Cheers.

Paul

Message 2 of 6

13-07-2013 05:01 . am | View his/her posts only
The ability to make custom holes would be cool.
You can save settings now, but you cannot modify the profile as you want to.
I wonder how many people would use the customisation?
Cheers - Paul

Luurt

Message 3 of 6

22-07-2013 06:15 . pm | View his/her posts only
I certainly would!
Especially if ZW3D would offer the option to choose the operation types for machining this stuff.
Like in this case use a helix operation for the counter bore faces, and a chamfer cut for the counter sink, instead of the counter bore tool, and counter sink tool, which both are rather obsolete in my opinion.
Our customers do all counter bore and counter sink operations with end mill and chamfer mill tools, which is faster and saves a lot of tool changes

Regards
Luurt

Mattyvdv

Message 4 of 6

23-07-2013 05:06 . am | View his/her posts only
Reply 3# luurt

Hi Luurt,

ZW Does offer helical milling for the counterbore faces. It is known as a "ramp cut." ZW also offers a chamfer cut operation however I am not 100% sure if you can reference the diameter of the tool instead of the point/tip? If you could base the program around the outside edge/diameter of the tool you could safely "chamfer" cut the countersink and avoid rubbing of the tool edge or even a possible crash. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of the chamfer cut operation can shed some light on this one? You could also use a 3D type cut and a ball end mill to cut the countersink which i have done in the past.

Cheers.

Luurt

Message 5 of 6

09-08-2013 05:20 . pm | View his/her posts only
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on the forum for some time.
Agreed, there are options to machine holes in different ways
Our customers are now using them as much as possible
But my request is more related to the 2D tactics automation
That requires features that have the correct/most used types of operations attached to it without user intervention
So, what I would like to see is a counter bore tactic that allows me to exchange the cunter bore tool for an end mill with a helix cycle.
Cheers,
Luurt

Luky

Message 6 of 6

13-08-2013 07:15 . pm | View his/her posts only
BuonGiorno,
Posso far notare alcune cose che secondo il mio parere mancano in Zw3D.
1)Se in un modello 3D creo dei fori filettati,perche' in quotatura non riconosce automaticamente il filetto ??
2)Se creo cilindro,in quotatura dovrebbe riconoscere automaticamente che e' un Ø e non dover mettere successivamente il simbolo Ø
3)Nella quotatura di un foro o di un Ø cilindro se devo mettere le tolleranze,bisogna sempre avere sottomano il manuale delle tolleranze H7 H6 ecc per sapere il dato corretto.
Non sarebbe possibile inserire una tabella che selezionando la tolleranza desiderata in base alla dimensione mi dia i valori corretti.
Nel altro Cad che uso ce' ed e' molto comodo per velocizzare la quotatura.
Grazie
Luky

Good morning,
I can point out a few things that in my opinion are missing in ZW3D.
1) If I create a 3D model of the threaded holes, 'cause in dimensioning does not automatically recognize the thread?
2) If I create cylinder, dimensioning should automatically recognize that and 'not having a diameter and then put the symbol Ø
3) The dimension of a hole or a cylinder Ø if I should put the tolerances, you should always have on hand the operating tolerances H7 H6 etc. to know the correct data.
It would not be possible to insert a table by selecting the desired tolerance based on the size give me the correct values.
In other Cad that we use 'and' very convenient for quick dimensioning.
thanks
Luky
See also