CAM Output Issues

Mattyvdv

Assistant Engineer

Message 1 of 5

CAM Output Issues
13-08-2013 06:35 . am | View his/her posts only
G'Day guys,
Have a bit of an issue regarding CAM outputting. In the past i have been able to output my .NC files to anywhere on my computer. Desktop, Specific folder, My documents etc. Now when i go to output my files it will only ever actually work when i output into the specified Output folder created by ZW when installing the software. This gets frustrating because i then have to move the .NC file every time to the destination i wanted it to in the first place. I am running ZW as administrator. Any thoughts or suggestions to rectify this would be appreciated. Im sure its something simple.

Cheers!

davej

Assistant Engineer

Message 2 of 5

13-08-2013 12:24 . pm | View his/her posts only
It's different than it used to be but you still can do what you describe.

In the CAM Manager right click on the Output folder. Click on CL/NC output setting. At the bottom of the window enter the folder name that you want for your NC. The Output NC command will now send you NC files to this location.

Mattyvdv

Assistant Engineer

Message 3 of 5

13-08-2013 12:28 . pm | View his/her posts only
Reply 2# davej8835

The problem is i change that folder every job. I always save as i am going to avoid losing work so by the time i have completed my CAM side of things i already have a folder setup for that particular job which i would then like to export the nc code straight into.

Cheers for replying!

davej

Assistant Engineer

Message 4 of 5

13-08-2013 08:43 . pm | View his/her posts only
Guess I'm confused as to what your looking for here. The default NC output location is initially globally set or can be modified in Utilities/Configuration/CAM/CAM output folder. In each CAM Plan by clicking on Output that default NC output location can be modified for the part your working on before you output any NC files. It will keep that modified location as you output NC and as you save and reopen your *.z3 file.

Tony_ZWSOFT

Message 5 of 5

22-08-2013 11:12 . am | View his/her posts only
Thanks Dave exact illustration.
From 2013 version, ZW3D offer a new output manager for users, it has been changed a lots, we wish to offer more convenient output for users. we can save the NC anywhere, there are global settings, and also enable to set local setting. users can drag and drop any operation into any NC folder, or output NC with folders, what's more, the NC will record the status, that you can't check it easily and if something update of the operation, users needn't select the operation and make setting again , just calculate the specific NC in output menu is okay.
Since there are too much change at this function, it might be a little confusing for our old users at the beginning. But i am sure you will find the advantages when getting familiar with it. please feel free to contact us via ZW3D@ZWSOFT.COM, or we can show you online.
Thank you.

Regards
Tony Tan
See also