Mold Tools issue

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 7

Mold Tools issue
18-09-2002 07:51 . pm | View his/her posts only
I have an issue with the Trim mold plate to core/cavity and parting faces command...

I am always having to switch the Copy Option from Cavity/Core to Neither during demos.

Can I get some concensous here as to how many people:

1. favor keeping the Copy option as "Cavity/Core" as the default, or
2. changing the default to option to "Neither"

-MH

Tim

Message 2 of 7

19-09-2002 02:59 . pm | View his/her posts only
It does not hold the new setting after you reset it once? I would tend to think the user would usually want to keep the part (core?). You could reset it at the beginning of your demo...

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 7

19-09-2002 07:41 . pm | View his/her posts only
It's not really that big of a deal because it gives me a change to show-off the 'redefine last' RMB ability when I forget to switch the copy option to neither. Actually I've gotten into the habit of intentionally leaving the extra copy faces to show the redefine functionality.

But back to the point, VX always resets the copy option to 'Core/Cavity' as the default. So I must manually switch it to 'Neither' during each demo. Which, may not seem like a big deal, but if we add together an extra click here and an extra click there during a 2 hour demo, they add up to a package the 'is a lot of work' for the user. [stepping off soapbox] Sorry for sounding like a sales guy.

When designing a mold I typically first create the 'core' side of the mold. Then I 'Go up parent object', make a copy of the 'core' part object and call it 'cavity'. This allows me to step throuhg history of 'cavity', edit the trim block command and re-define the cavity as the potion to keep and I am done with two seperate mold half parts that are associative to the parent part model and can easily be migrated to the CAM. If the two halves are in the same part, the CAM doesn't like it so much.

In this type of mold design, which is typically, I do not need to create copies of either cavity of core faces.

I am always open on suggestions, especially from developers, on how to refine and improve the design methods used in the field. I am really hopefull that this forum can foster that attitude so we can all benefit from each others expansive experience.

-MH

Tim

Message 4 of 7

20-09-2002 01:05 . pm | View his/her posts only
Okay, that makes sense. I think it should hold the most recent setting. Not through each startup, but through each command invocation (to be perfectly clear). That's a five minute change. I'll inform Mike Burns of the existence of this thread. Cheers.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 7

20-09-2002 01:45 . pm | View his/her posts only
[Holding my can of Bud Light] I love you man!

Tim

Message 6 of 7

24-09-2002 01:31 . pm | View his/her posts only
Lemme see if Mike read it.

Robert

Message 7 of 7

26-09-2002 05:11 . pm | View his/her posts only
You guys are way cool...

I love this stuff!

See also