CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > How to make a fan/prop part & mold snippet

How to make a fan/prop part & mold snippet

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 4

How to make a fan/prop part & mold snippet
20-11-2002 10:15 . am | View his/her posts only
This is a reasonable way of making fans/propellers that can be done live. The part and mould can be learnt fairly easily, and can be done live with a bit of practise.
When you step through the history of the mould, check out the Partline 7 command. This uses the "Fill gap between parting lines" command. You can middle click to close all three gaps automatically.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

27-11-2002 11:40 . am | View his/her posts only
Wow! That fill gaps is the key to the demo right there. It's a cool way to use the command and the most efficient way to get the parting line done for this part. I saw you do some of this demo at IMTS and I did it a couple of times myself but this is even better. Thanks for the lesson and demo snippet.

Don

Message 3 of 4

21-03-2003 10:52 . am | View his/her posts only
The "How To" portion of this snippet relating to the Fill Parting Line Gap command is great! This is exactly what new user's need - guidance on ways of applying VX commands that they may not have thought of before. I have considered using this command to close unwanted gaps but didn't think about using it to close such obvious gaps as that demonstrated in the fan demo. Do you have any more "How To's" for other VX commands? They would be extremely helpful.

Thanks Mike.

Don

Message 4 of 4

22-03-2003 09:53 . am | View his/her posts only
This is an additional replay. I forgot to subscribe to this thread. Please reply to this thread. Thanks.
See also