CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > Fasteners in AutoCAD, how to draw fasteners in cad, cad fasteners, bolt and nut

Fasteners in AutoCAD, how to draw fasteners in cad, cad fasteners, bolt and nut

Greene

Message 1 of 3

Fasteners in AutoCAD, how to draw fasteners in cad, cad fasteners, bolt and nut
22-11-2013 10:50 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi all, I was wondering, how to draw fasteners in cad? Or is there any free cad fasteners block, any bolt and nut cad drawing? How can I draw fasteners in Autocad?

davies65

Message 2 of 3

22-11-2013 10:55 . am | View his/her posts only
Generally, there are two kinds of fasteners in autocad as followed:
1. Screws & Bolts
Screw: A fastener designed to clamp two components together by the fastener mating to a threaded hole or other preformed hole.
Bolt: A fastener designed to clamp two components together by the fastener passing through the components and mating with a corresponding nut to hold the assembly together.

2.Nuts
a perforated block usually of metal that has an internal screw thread and is used on a bolt or screw for tightening or holding something

You can find fasteners in autocad from its tool palettes -> Mechanical palette, press key control+3 to show the tool palettes. As I know, AutoCAD Mechanical has more fasteners with various of size and standard.

Fasteners in AutoCAD, how to draw fasteners in cad, cad fasteners, bolt and nu

screw bolt nut fastener.jpg
2013-11-22 10:54

Jenny

Manager

Message 3 of 3

22-11-2013 11:05 . am | View his/her posts only
Welcome to ZWCAD forum.
You can find fasteners like screw, bolt and nut from ZWCAD+ tool palettes. In additional, ZWCAD Mechanical has abundant of standard parts.

fastener zwcad

fastener-zwcad.jpg
2013-11-22 11:00

ZWCAD MechanicalPart Library and Mechanism Generator

You might also like to know:
ZWCAD Mechanical getting started videos
ZWCAD Mechanical: How to use Part Builder to create standard part

Take a quick look at ZWCAD+ and ZWCAD Mechanical:
ZWCAD Overview
ZWCAD vs AutoCAD
User voices: zwcad compared with autocad
See also