CAD software discussion forum > CAD > Custom paper size

Custom paper size

domenp5405

Message 1 of 6

Custom paper size
23-01-2014 02:59 . pm | View his/her posts only
I cannot set custom paper size for my ploter in zwcad 2012+ sp2.1
Any change in configuration of my .pc5 file i make, is not saved.
When I try plotter manager - I get add plotter.
I can change setting only when I am in plot window - change plotter properties

Tried filter paper size, change custom paper size, nothing gets saved.
Did change file atributes from sistem set read only to full access, no changes.
Saved changes to new file - no changes
I tried edditing standard paper size - can only set margins, not paper size.

is there pc5 editor that can change my files ?

Regards Domen

RAMANAND

Message 2 of 6

24-01-2014 12:20 . am | View his/her posts only
Reply 1# domenp5405

Try this...
Close all windows.
Goto start/printers and faxes.
Set the printer as default.
Right click on default printer,look for paper standards tabs (either on properties or printing preferences).
Select the paper standards (ISO, ANSI etc.,)
Close & apply.
Now what ever paper standards you selected will start appearing in ZWCAD plot menu.

Now for the custom paper sizes,
goto start/printers and faxes, right click on default printer, goto printing preferences, under paper options, set your custom size. Set all custom sizes, Apply and close.
Open zwcad.
Goto plot, paper size, you can see all paper sizes now.

domenp5405

Message 3 of 6

24-01-2014 07:31 . pm | View his/her posts only
Reply 2# RAMANAND

HI

I already tried this, Even if i select system printer not the pc5 version - i see all paper sizes with the cu
stom. In windows under printing settings i have set my paper size - it is ok, tried changing it, printing, all ok.

When i open zwcad select printer, custom size is selected, as it was in windows printer. Cust. size is 216 x 297mm - can't change that. I deleted all pc5 files. uninstalled the plotter, reinstaled it, changed size, opened zwcad - no changes.
Set different size in windows, opened zwcad - diferent size is in zwcad - but cannot reset, change or erase settitng for custom size.

Regards Domen

domenp5405

Message 4 of 6

27-01-2014 04:09 . pm | View his/her posts only
This is more info about plotter. Paper is in a roll, width is 914mm. When i plot it cut's paper when there is no more data to plot, all i need is to set exact width and any lenght. I can set that in win printing properties in custom paper size. I Can not add aditional sizes to printer data in win8, only the set of sizes that came with the driver. Now i use biggest size it has stored, but it is only 840mm wide. I usualy stack few drawings together to save pape - that is 900mm wide + margins,... so i need to set full width.

Plotter is old - cadjet 2, but works best with what we need

RAMANAND

Message 5 of 6

06-02-2014 03:48 . pm | View his/her posts only
Reply 4# domenp5405

Is your printer listed in supported plotters?

You may also try the following...

start/prog/printers & faxes/ right click on default printer, got to printer preferences.
1)In the paper quality tab look for advanced paper settings/roll options for your plotter (disable automatic cutter,remove top and bottom blank areas, autorotate)

2)there are some tabs (finishing) which include orientation (portrait/ landscape). set your orientation here.

domenp5405

Message 6 of 6

06-02-2014 04:07 . pm | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by domenp5405 at 2014-2-6 16:31

Reply 5# RAMANAND

Don't know if it is under supported plotters, it is old, encad cadjet 2.
I had to change win8 settings, to add it as a printer - drivers not signed by windows.
I can change media size in windows preference, and i can set my size, tried plotting to pdf and then from pdf to plotter - it works, i have to make one more step than i would like to make.

I cannot set size in zwcad. Custom paper size sets A4 size. If I set in windows any other size, then go to zwcad, my custom size sets to that orher size, A1,... custom size in zwcad is only copy of preset sizes, cannot set custom size.

So now i work via pdf, or use teamwork to acces computer with autocad, where plotting works fine.

My problem must be pc5 edditing, if i could change that file, i belive i could fix my problem.
See also