Drawing sheet and views to pdf
Message 1 of 6
So a quick call from UK technical support sorted me out. Seems that in this situation you have to use the dynamic zoom to zoom into the view to correct the stepping. When you zoom out again all is well. It worked!
As a side issue I printed the files to pdf and I have to say I was amazed at the quality of the line in the pdf. I'm used to doing this in other systems and frankly VX is streets ahead in this respect. The curves in the pdf were super smooth, lines joined perfectly and there was no stepping. Well done!
Getting back to the issue though perhaps the help files could be ammended to explain the zoom trick in combination with the autorefine curves command. Also, is there any way to use Windows fonts in the drawing sheets? The VX line fonts are, well, interesting (does anyone use German Gothic??). Maybe in v10?
Message 2 of 6
1) You can find your TTF font files via Windows Control Panel.
2) On a default installation, the VX Font Table file is found here: C:Program FilesVXCorpVX9.61supp
3) Make a copy of the file first, just in case you hit a problem.
4) Open the file vx_font_table with a text editor such as notepad. Don't use a wordprocessor.
5) The standard list of VX fonts can be seen. Add the names of the TTF fonts you wish to use, save the file. Reboot VX.
Note, when you add the font, you must enter the font filename - in the Windows Font Folder, right-mouse click on the font of your choice and pop-up the Properties Form. Here you will find the true name of the true type font file - just copy and paste it.
Below is an example vx_font_table in all it's glory, with Arial and Times New Roman fonts added to the list:-
# This is the VX font table data file. Only fonts listed in this file will
# be recognized by VX. There can be up to 999 fonts.
# The first line contains the number of fonts to keep in memory.
# Each following line has the following format:
# font_number, font_file_name, encoding, single/double
# To add a Chinese TrueType font with BIG5 encoding as a double byte font, use:
# To add a Japanese TrueType font with SJIS encoding as a double byte font, use:
# To see a list of supported encodings, run vx -fh
Message 3 of 6
Message 4 of 6
Message 5 of 6
We do a lot of graphics as well as product design so we use Acrobat (currently v5 - v6 Professional is sitting on my desk ready to be installed....when I get a second). I generally just print to Acrobat Distiller or the PDF Writer in the print dialogue (both are printer level devices). This works well from any app, not just VX.
Message 6 of 6
- cad cam
- how to convert text to mtext in autocad
- calculate area in autocad
- can i change a raster image to a hatch
- zwcad 2011 crack
- how to import autocad file into sketchup 2013
- convert skp to dwg
- cad software free download
- zw3d 2013 crack
- cam design software
- autocad license error
- create an arrow in AutoCAD
- 3d design software free download
- autocad drawing software
- autocad license error