CAD software discussion forum > CAD > 3D modeling problems

3D modeling problems

miselr5260

Message 1 of 6

3D modeling problems
03-02-2014 09:17 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello,

Well this is my first post, so first of all hello to everyone, and to the zwcad team, keep up the good work.
The firm that I work for bought 3 zwcad+ 2014 programs, and in general we are happy with the product,
but there are a few problems.
We mainly deal with 3D modeling of more or less simple steel and aluminum products, that being said,
the first problem we encountered was the missing Z axis in the 3D orbited view (photo attached), this won't allow us
for instance to use the slice command properly without the use of a helper object like a line or 3D solid.

That's it for now from me,
I thank you in advance for any input you can give me.

Martin_S

Assistant Engineer

Message 2 of 6

04-02-2014 02:01 . am | View his/her posts only
Please show Prentscreen example of problem. I use mixed 3D modelling in Architecture with BIM objects and classic modelling 3D. I have no problem with SLICE command.

my examples:

or

or

or

miselr5260

Message 3 of 6

04-02-2014 05:47 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Martin,

After I saw your post I took a look back at the slice command, and learned that the slice function works a bit differently, and I think I got the hang of it.
But there is another issue, the move command in 3D doesn't work as I would expect it to (like it uses only 2 axis, like the Z is missing)
It looks like it is view dependent, if I'm in a front view and i orbit to let's say a position from where i can clearly see my object and it's position, i can only
move it in a x/y axis, if i wanted to move it in "depth" "Z" I would have to switch the UCS to do so, or use the extension form with the object snap tracking to move it in the
wanted direction, what doesn't always work, or take the endpoint of it-point to it's midpoint and move it with a "-" (minus) length measurement.
Can't this be done easier?

Martin_S

Assistant Engineer

Message 4 of 6

04-02-2014 09:50 . pm | View his/her posts only
What CAD Programm did You use ealier?

miselr5260

Message 5 of 6

05-02-2014 02:14 . pm | View his/her posts only
Autocad 2012

Martin_S

Assistant Engineer

Message 6 of 6

05-02-2014 04:20 . pm | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by msbud7705 at 2014-2-5 19:56

Myśle, że to jest też pośrednia przyczyna pewnych przyzwyczajeń i nawyków podczas pracy w systemie CAD. ZWCAD dąży w wersji + małymi krokami do ideału, który wytycza i przewodzi Autodesk. Do tych różnic osobiście przyzwyczajałem się od 2007 od wersji ZWCAD 2008 (intellicad)- oraz dla wielordzeniowych procesorów program CAD ZWCAD+. Obecnie modelowanie 2D/3D wykonuje w ZWCAD ARCHITECTURE, który znam już chyba dość dobrze.

Podsumowując, trzeba nawyki z Autocad zmienić na ZWCAD+.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it is also the indirect cause of certain habits and work habits in the CAD system. ZWCAD aims version + small steps to the ideal that sets and led by Autodesk. For these differences personally got used since 2007 on the version of ZWCAD 2008 (IntelliCAD) - as well as for multi-core processors CAD software ZWCAD +. Currently, 2D/3D modeling performs in ZWCAD ARCHITECTURE that I know probably quite well.

In summary, you need to change the habits of Autocad on ZWCAD +.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

我想這也是某些習慣和工作習慣在CAD系統中的間接原因。中望CAD旨在版+小步驟,設置和領導的歐特克的理想。對於這些差異自2007年以來個人習慣對中望CAD2008版(的IntelliCAD) - 以及為多核心處理器的CAD軟件中望CAD+。目前,2D/3D建模中望CAD體系結構來執行,我知道可能是相當不錯的。

總之,您需要更改的AutoCAD對中望CAD+的習慣。

My last 3D modelling by ZWCAD ARCHITECTURE TOOLS was My Avatar , where was many times used SLICE, EXTRUDE, SUBSTARCT, UNION etc. commands.
See also