CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > How to subscribe to the whole 3D CAD/CAM forum (not just one thread)?

How to subscribe to the whole 3D CAD/CAM forum (not just one thread)?

Stephan

Message 1 of 5

04-02-2014 05:16 . pm | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by stephbartl7247 at 2014-2-4 19:03

+How to make a new post in firefox? I always get error message. It only works in IE, which is very bad.

Paul

Message 2 of 5

05-02-2014 04:29 . pm | View his/her posts only
Not possible to get email notification of new unsubscribed thread posts. Been asking for it for years... No idea why it is not done as it is what drives a forum. I use Chrome no problems. Firefox too sometimes - no problems.
Cheers - Paul

Stephan

Message 3 of 5

06-02-2014 06:25 . am | View his/her posts only
Reply 2# mudcrab
ok, thx for your help at least

davej

Message 4 of 5

20-02-2014 09:58 . pm | View his/her posts only
Not exactly sure what you trying to accomplish. If it's getting notification of new posts to the ZWSOFT ZW3D forum without having to actually browse to the forum then I strongly suggest a news aggregator (aka RSS or feed reader) product such as feedly (feedly.com). feedly is along the lines of what some used to call a news reader such as the now defunct product Google Reader. It doesn't eliminate needing to go to the actual forum at times to reply and create posts but it does notify you of new posts. After viewing the new post from feedly and if you interested in the post you can click on it an go the the forum if you want to do posts, replies, and so on.

feedly is really nice if your like me and for example have a collection of blogs, news feed, forums, and so on that you routinely follow. You can collect all those feeds to a single place and in my opinion it nicely eliminates needing to bounce around to a bunch of different websites.

Please note that the Feedly product (my favorite) is one of many that accomplishes the same thing.

Good Luck

Paul

Message 5 of 5

21-02-2014 03:48 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by mudcrab at 2014-2-21 03:56

Hi Dave,
Feedly seems like one of the last standing... Installed and working now. Cool.
I hadn't had much success on this site before.
I read somewhere that there we efforts to kill off RSS since no one could control it! goggle killed of their RSS reader which I used to use.
Cheers - Paul
See also