CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Difficulty creating radial dimensions

Difficulty creating radial dimensions

Phil

Message 1 of 6

Difficulty creating radial dimensions
20-08-2004 03:02 . pm | View his/her posts only
In version 10.01, I am dimensioning the hinge shown in the attached file. However, in the drawing sheet I am unable to use radial dimensions because when prompted to select the arc or circle to apply the dimension to, I cannot select any of my circular geometry.

Any suggestions? I don't use the drawing sheet portion of VX very often, so am I missing something obvious?

Phil

Aaron

Message 2 of 6

20-08-2004 04:23 . pm | View his/her posts only
Phil
I'm not a developer, just another user. I can suggest a work around for this file, but I think you've found a bug. If you right click on the front drawing view and change your view attributes from "Fast Hidden Line" to the regular "Hidden Line" you can select the arcs to dimension. Then you can change the attributes back to "Fast Hidden Line" if you like that view better, the dimensions will stay.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 6

24-08-2004 07:42 . am | View his/her posts only
I saved your hinge model as a VXN file and opened it in VX 9.61, I created a 4 view layout and inserted radius dimensions (see attached).
As Aaron mentioned, it appears to be a bug specific to version 10.01

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 6

24-08-2004 03:27 . pm | View his/her posts only
I'm having the same problem, have you sent a PCR yet?
I,m also having trouble forcing a diameter dim.

Mike

Message 5 of 6

31-08-2004 03:03 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hey guys,

Right-click 'dimension' has not been implemented for the Fast hidden line or shaded view. There does not seem to be a problem using the regular dimension commands in 10.11. There has also been some more tweaking in 10.2. Now, the rest of the story. Fast hidden line was not intended for small piece parts. You will get the best benefit when creating views of really really big assemblies.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 6 of 6

10-09-2004 01:34 . pm | View his/her posts only
Even in regular hidden line, there are occasions when the entity does not solve to an arc but to a spline. If you right-click on the view and select attributes, pick the "Convert curves to arcs" option. This is not the default since it does take longer to solve, so only switch the option on in the views that need it.
See also