CAD/CAM discussion forum > ZW3D CAM > New Problems in 2014 ?

New Problems in 2014 ?

ZW3DUser

Message 1 of 8

New Problems in 2014 ?
21-03-2014 06:05 . am | View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by jansen1776 at 2014-3-21 06:12

Post Last Edit by jansen1776 at 2014-3-21 06:11

Today i try the release of 2014.

I try to modify the leadIn an LeadOut and the safe distance, ARC Rad and Overlap (see Pic 1)
If i set to 3 it look ok and i get an G41 for cutter compensation.

Pic1.jpg
2014-3-21 06:00

If i set to 8 it looks ok i think, but the tool path are really near the part ???
Pic2.jpg
2014-3-21 05:59

Here i get NO error message and in the NC code no cutter compensation is found !
In the solid verify i see no error, looks ok, but the cutter will not move at the last line, it stops before.
That told me, solid verify and tool path are not the same !

Next image i use manual Lead.
Here the tool path is INTO the part !
Same here, solid verify show no error !
Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

:-(

WHAT is this ?
Don't understand it.

On 2012 there was a message if cutcom could not be set. This are not good. If i had many operations with this problem, i must search wish made the problem. But 2014 is more "not good" here is nothing, no error, no verify.
And why the solid verify don't show me this ?

Sam

Message 2 of 8

24-03-2014 10:33 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello, Sir,

Regarding your question,

When the arc of lead in lead out is too big, the tool-path will destroy the part, ZW3D will trim and change these gouge tool-path automatically for safety, then you see the tool-path display and actual tool-path is not the same, so the tool-path display seems have problem, but solidverify is ok, solidverify shows the actual tool-path.

And I agree with you it should give a message or warning to users when lead in lead out arc is big and cutcom could not be set. I had reported to out R&D, and it will achieve in next version. I also test in 2012, it's the same no message.

Best regards,
Sam

ZW3DUser

Message 3 of 8

25-03-2014 02:55 . am | View his/her posts only
It is ok that ZW3D change the tool-path if there was a collision. But the NC code is the same like the tool-path and not like the solidverify. Thats the problem !
So on the screen it looks ok, but in real live it is not ok.

The big leadin an lead out ONLY was a example to display this.

The message i mean was the cuttcom message. This is if the leadin and/or leadot is to small.
Sorry that was my mistake.

I have an NC code simulation that show me only the tool-path. Here is see that the endmill will move out of the pocket. I will try to make an picture or something...

ZW3DUser

Message 4 of 8

25-03-2014 04:25 . am | View his/her posts only
Ok i made a short test with an NC backplot programm. The big leadin and leadout will work ! ZW3D dont generate it in the NC code. The part is ok.

The second is not ok. Here is a little damage.
But there is an new option "check all of the part" or something.
Dont know why the manual lead make the damage like in the 3. picture. But here the "check all..." option is not set.

Here you see it.

NC_Pic3.jpg
2014-3-25 04:20

But ZW3D dont know if the mill will move in the stock with rapid !
The simple backplot programm will sheck this :
NC_Pic2_Error.jpg
2014-3-25 04:22

Ok, enough for today.

I dont know is a good way to output or simulate an other tool-path like shown in ZW3D. If i make an mistake here in the settings ok, but i think its a must to have tool-path and solidverify and NC output matching !!!

Sam

Message 5 of 8

25-03-2014 11:31 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Sir,

In ZW3D, there are two kinds of lead in lead out setting, see below picture. Normally, we use "Intelligent" is ok, the tool-path is safty, the solidverify is the same with actual tool-path. The "Manual" is the new funciton and it use for some specail request, you could use it as a add-on function. We will also to improve the Manual lead in lead out in the future.
For rapid check, yes, we have a plan to do this function. Maybe achieve in next version.
2014-3-25 11-17-02.jpg
2014-3-25 11:30

thanks and regards,
Sam

ZW3DUser

Message 6 of 8

25-03-2014 10:57 . pm | View his/her posts only
My manual leadin was intentionally wrong to see the solidverify.
With my wrong manual leadin the solidverify must show the mistake...i think.

The only thing is, that the tool-path and the solidverify are not the same.
I must trust the tool-path exactly as the solidverify. But if they are not the same, i can not trust ZW3D.

If ZW3D look forward and change the tool-path for safety, or to not destroy the part, thats ok, but i think it is better to change the drawed tool-path also, so both drawed tool-path and solidverify and NC output are the same.

If i enable the option "check all of part" or somthing, i get many error messages, but i get also error if i use it with intelligent leadin. The toolpath looks ok, solidverify looks ok, but many many errors...dont know why. Could be a wrong setting, but to know this i must more testing this, but i do not want that at the moment :-)
I have 2012 SP2 and its ok for the moment...
best regards

Sam

Message 7 of 8

27-03-2014 10:14 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Sir,

Normally, the CAM software havenot check all of part funciton in 2 axis milling module, users check the tool-path by eyes, but we add it for help users to check the collision and gouges etc, it's a check function somewhere if you need you could use it.

Regarding change the drawed tool-path also, yes, we will to improve it in the future.

I think you are experienced in CAM, could you please add my skype to your account if you don't mind, I think we could exchange more ideas about CAM also CNC machining technology.

Thank you:).

Sam

Message 8 of 8

27-03-2014 10:17 . am | View his/her posts only
My skype account: Sam2012969
See also