Dome command in 10.6
Message 1 of 6
I see that the latest PR from VX is about this command, so maybe we could get one of the resident gurus to post up a WebEx recording of how best to use it? It seems to work on sketches on a surface but not from faces on top of drafted extrudes. Kind of like a capping feature perhaps? Thats what the images in the Press release seem to indicate. 5 mins on a video would reveal all I'm sure!
Message 2 of 6
Message 3 of 6
Message 4 of 6
You have used curves as opposed to sketches to use as the basis of the dome, does this imply that you could have a dome derived from a non planar curve?
Also is there any way to make the dome follow the tangency of the base solid/surface. For example, if I create a cylinder, drafted by 2 degrees, say, and created a sketch on the top, matching the top edge, can the dome be made to follow the tangency of the draft - or better still - be a specific draft angle?
Message 5 of 6
You sure that's one question?
1) Yes, you can define a dome from non-planar curves;
2) If you need to define a dome on top of a shape like a cone, you should not use a Sketch to define the curve. Use the edge of the shape instead, this will hold the relationship between the two surfaces and the tangency control then applies.
3) There is no direct input of draft angle, but there is full control of tangency, height etc. The very nature of the dome shape means that you will normally have adequate draft allowance.
The attached file shows how it is done. The edge of the cone face has been selected with a right-mouse click curve list input.
Message 6 of 6
- buy solidworks 2010
- autocad drawing software
- autocad cursor highlights polylines
- dgn to dwg converter
- how to convert text to mtext in autocad
- how to open dwg files in autocad
- unable to select objects in autocad
- using cad to work out area of a shape
- convert skp to dwg
- Download cad software
- ac$ to dwg
- Creating a rope texture in 3D
- 3d cad models free download
- mechanical software download
- how to create fillet in autocad