OldForumPost

Message 1 of 4

UG
17-05-2005 03:14 . pm | View his/her posts only
  • Highlight ease-of-use
  • Work with large data sets
  • Demo non native data
  • Value price, premium performance
  • VX owns its own technology, UG owns IDEAS, SolidEdge and UG PDM (The future is uncertain for all these different products)

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

26-01-2007 04:49 . am | View his/her posts only
    UGS PDM Solutions is sold to Siemens, the main focus from Siemens is the PDM/PLM.

So we will see what will happen with CAD/CAM and all the sales channels in the future

ChrisWard2k2

Message 3 of 4

27-01-2007 09:20 . am | View his/her posts only
    This could be the final nail in the UG coffin - they have been sold-on once again by their holding company. I would expect Siemens to find the UG running costs to be too high, just as the previous owners have. The Siemens solution will probably be to break-up the company and sell core technology groups as individual stand-alone enterprises. The bad news for VX competitors will be a lack of funding for general parasolids development. UG profits will dwindle downwards because confidence in their survival will be in question.

Mike

Message 4 of 4

09-02-2007 08:39 . am | View his/her posts only
    A customer sent this to me: Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 7:16 AM

Did you see this?

http://www.deskeng.com/News/Headlines/Siemens-to-Acquire-UGS-Corp.-200701251629.html

I had a call from UGS the other day pushing Solid Edge. They asked what cad system I was using. The rep said he had never heard of VX. Hard to believe. Most good reps know their competition. He has heard of it now.

From Gary Robertson Valley Equipment

See also