CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > perspective viewing

perspective viewing

Steve

Message 1 of 5

perspective viewing
18-09-2005 04:51 . pm | View his/her posts only
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the amount of perspective (the location of the vanishing point) when in perspective mode? Is this controlled in a settings file somewhere? Or am I mis-understanding how such things are programmed - does this request even make sense?

steve

Kevin

Message 2 of 5

19-09-2005 02:57 . pm | View his/her posts only
I'm almost certain I did change this in previous versions but have no idea how!! Memory's a great thing as you get older! However I did notice an odd thing. I opened bleach bottle sample file as a test and couldn;t get perspective to work at all....yet on a new v11 file I created it worked fine...odd. Either this is a bug with older files, or there IS a setting to be changed somewhere that could be file specific.

Steve

Message 3 of 5

19-09-2005 04:30 . pm | View his/her posts only
I haven't had any trouble turning on perspective. I only use it for rendering. I have noticed that turning on perspective when I'm ready to render sometimes causes a change in the zoom extents. It's as if I'm zoomed way out and the rendered object is a tiny piece of the final image, with the rest just the background color.

steve

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 5

20-09-2005 01:28 . am | View his/her posts only
I don't remember which program it was...Rhino 3D perhaps, but you could adjust the amount of perspective by specifying the focal length of an equivalent camera lens. For reference, 50mm I believe is the equivalent camera focal length of human eyesight.

Specifying the perspective in those terms was good because you can set up a rendering and composite the rendered objects with photos taken from that same specified focal length lensed camera.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 5 of 5

21-09-2005 04:34 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello Chaps

There is no User Control for the vanishing point currently, but we are introducing one soon (v12).
See also