CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Specifying points in sketcher

Specifying points in sketcher

edgar

Message 1 of 5

Specifying points in sketcher
22-11-2005 09:21 . pm | View his/her posts only
In the V11 CAD fundamentals.pdf file page 37,38, Using VX Coordinate Input Methods, step 5, I for the life of me, can't specify the points listed in the command line box. When typing in the specifyed points, the numbers do not "take". I am unable to draw the rectangular shape. This seems so basic, but I just am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any guidance would be appreciated.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 5

22-11-2005 10:28 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hello Edge

Sounds as though you are trying to input the values into the field of the option form - it will not accept typed input unfortunately. This was an oversight by us and we have already fixed the problem for future release. Input is still very simple, click the main input dialog box (field) and then type the values in there, hitting the [Enter] key (or the Return key) to accept your input (ensure the cursor is in the box at the time). On the other hand, you can position the cursor in the graphics window and observe it's ordinates in the options field - so if the ordinates are integers there is no need to type-in the values. Hope this helps.

edgar

Message 3 of 5

23-11-2005 02:24 . pm | View his/her posts only
Thanks Chris, your help is most appreciated. The key to my problem was answered with your line (ensure the cursor is in the box at the time). I kept moving my digitizer out of the command box after I typed in the coordinates, and the line would jump all over. Just resting the mouse over the command box while I inputed and hit return, allowed me to continue constructing the box. Maybe this should be noted in the tutorial. It's these little things that can make one very frustrated when trying to learn new software. It's a good thing you are here to help us new guys.

Robert

Message 4 of 5

28-11-2005 06:48 . pm | View his/her posts only
Ed,

Are you in Palm Bay, Florida?

edgar

Message 5 of 5

30-11-2005 03:32 . pm | View his/her posts only
Just around the corner from you, here on Kirby Circle. When I get a chance, I'll have to stop by and say hi!
See also