Multiple object question

Paul

Message 1 of 4

Multiple object question
26-01-2006 12:29 . pm | View his/her posts only
Can you make multiple objects within a multiple object file?

What I would like to do is place a multiple object template file inside of the VX template file. What I'm seeing is that I can copy seperate objects into the template file, but I can't have these all joined as one.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 4

26-01-2006 05:55 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Paul

With the VX template file method, you are storing individual "start up" objects that can be selected individually as the basis of a new Object in a seperate file. If you need a Multi-Object base file, simply make one, then each time you wish to define a new file based on the Multi-Object base, load it and "save as" to make the new file.

Robert

Message 3 of 4

27-01-2006 09:40 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Paul,

Why are you trying to do this?

I'm intrigued.

Paul

Message 4 of 4

30-01-2006 02:42 . pm | View his/her posts only
Chris: That is pretty much as I thought. Once it becomes a multiple object file it can not be used from the template load-up screen.

Bob: The reason I would like to do this is because of convenience in loading up a new model. I have many drawing templates as well. What I have is many objects which are associated with each other that can be joined together as an assembly (for proof that it all comes together correctly). I don't necessarily want to have these as individual template models because there are many styles of these assemblies. I've made the mistake of mixing and matching before, and I vow never to do this again.

Perhaps to make it easier to understand, the specific models that I am speaking of are Trimmer assemblies. They are built to trim and pierce out our forged parts. We have different styles of trimmers for different part configurations.

I've considered doing this parametricly, but there are enough differences in pattern between the die sets, and I'm not very versed in doing parametrics.
See also