CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Date stamp on files

Date stamp on files

Steve

Message 1 of 5

Date stamp on files
13-02-2006 03:27 . pm | View his/her posts only
We made the mistake of editing some VX files on a computer that had the system date set one week in advance. After completing the work, the files were saved. Now, we cannot open the files on any other computer. It does not help to change the creation/modification dated in Windows. Each VX file must have its own internal date stamp. Is there a way to re-set these internal dates stamps as a batch?

Thanks

Steve

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 5

13-02-2006 04:08 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Steve

How many files are we talking about? It is certainly possible to automate the opening and closing of a series of files but ideally they would all be in the same folder - is that the case?

Steve

Message 3 of 5

13-02-2006 05:13 . pm | View his/her posts only
I don't think opening/saving and closing will work. I tried this manually, but to open you have to:

1) change date on computer to some time after date stamp on files (Feb 17, in this case)
2) open a file
3) change system date on computer to the correct date
4) save file from VX

Then repeat the steps for all files (about 12 in this case). You cannot open all the files at once, because if you alter the system clock while multiple files are open, VX will think another computer is operatinng on the same files and it will not let you save.

I can do all this manually. I was just hoping there's a cool way to fix the problem.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 5

14-02-2006 06:02 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Steve

Yes, it should be possible to automate all of that sequence via the VxDAL language, but obviously not worth the hassle for only a few files.

Steve

Message 5 of 5

14-02-2006 01:01 . pm | View his/her posts only
Already fixed.

Thanks Chris
See also