CAD software discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Assembly for Testing and Show

Assembly for Testing and Show

Tim

Message 1 of 8

Assembly for Testing and Show
16-03-2006 10:47 . am | View his/her posts only
We are going to do some internal production testing here at VX and are looking for a no-strings-attached (more or less) assembly we can model up. We would like it to test a fair variety of types of parts and also wouldn't mind if it looked flashy (in a CAD marketing sense) for show-off when finished.

Obviously it would be something we would like to display freely. Of course, due credit will always be given to the design/manufacturing house.

Many thanks,

DT

Kevin

Message 2 of 8

16-03-2006 01:17 . pm | View his/her posts only
What do you need Dr Top? Pictures, model files?

Personally I'd like to see a curvy enclosure for an electronics product, complete with PCB,batteries, LEDs etc.....and ribs ;-)

A lot of the demo VX stuff is bottles and mechanical parts...which is great, but not much good for showing some tougher modelling situations such as end caps or small localised features. Take a look on the Think3 website gallery at some of the parts they have modelled up for internal use (all the parts marked Think3). SolidWorks have an online seminar on surfacing where they model up a fairly complex remote control - thats a pretty good one.

I'll have a trawl through my archives and see what is lurking in there. Can we suggest products to you to model up?

Tim

Message 3 of 8

16-03-2006 02:41 . pm | View his/her posts only
We need drawings w/ dims.

You can suggest all you like as long as you provide means. Yes, we need flashier assemblies as stated above.

OK, I think you've "ribbed" me enough.

Tim

Message 4 of 8

21-03-2006 12:32 . pm | View his/her posts only
Well folks, I think we are going to do something from scratch in-house since blueprints w/ no strings attached are hard to come by these days (or any days, certainly).

I hope it looks cool when we are finished.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 8

21-03-2006 03:31 . pm | View his/her posts only
DrTop

If you are interested we can make this available in VX format. It has plenty moving parts; great for animation.

The file is 21Mb zipped though so FTP will be better.

Should you wish to have it, drop a mail.

ocp

Paul

Message 6 of 8

21-03-2006 03:40 . pm | View his/her posts only
Dear Dr. Top,
please advise the ftp address you wish the assemblies to be sent to. And any info you need supplied with the assembly.

Cheers

Tim

Message 7 of 8

22-03-2006 10:21 . am | View his/her posts only
Wonderful. I raise my glass to the Southern Hemisphere.

I'll post shortly on the FTP address.

Tim

Message 8 of 8

22-03-2006 10:29 . am | View his/her posts only
OK, I'm told you can upload to PRIVATE which is found under the FTP Source link on the support page.

If this doesn't work, please let me know. If it does work, let me know the file name.

tim ..."at"... vx.com (replace the at with you-know-what).

DT
See also