CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Driver error when trying to install VX 12.5

Driver error when trying to install VX 12.5

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 15

Driver error when trying to install VX 12.5
10-07-2006 03:10 . pm | View his/her posts only
I have never gotten this error message before when installing previous versions of VX 12. Now in 12.5 I get the following error when VX tries to install the license dongle driver:

Aladin Device Driver Installation Utilit for Win32
Error Code: 12, 4 583 2
0xc0000 0x0 0xc0000

Do you have any suggestions what i should try next?
Thanks!

Paul

Message 2 of 15

10-07-2006 11:09 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Clinton,
very old solution,
Grab you lamp and rub like crazy....

If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

FYI I installed 12.5 no problems.

Cheers

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 15

11-07-2006 12:12 . am | View his/her posts only
I have tried this installation on two different PC's. Same problem on both. One is AMD, the other is Intel. Perhaps it is the usb dongle itself...but it works fine with VX12.3.

Paul

Message 4 of 15

11-07-2006 02:48 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Clinton,
my install is on AMD and with a dongle too. Previously had a v12 password installed. (I used the Full install file), but I skipped the password install part.
Cheers

ChrisWard2k2

Message 5 of 15

11-07-2006 10:15 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Clinton

The VX dongle is a "Hasp" unit, made by Aladdin. v12.50 should be installed, it just does not know where the dongle is at the moment

Try this:

1) Remove the dongle (if it is a USB, use WindowsXP "remove device" util in the sys tray, if it is parallel port, shut down and power down the PC, then remove); Removing-replacing the dongle a couple of times will ensure the connection surfaces are clean.

2) Replace the dongle in the same port as before. Power-up the PC.

3) Via Windows, navigate to the VX Installation folder. If you installed the default, the path is C:Program FilesVXCorpVX-12.50

4) Open the Hasp folder and double-click on Setup.bat

5) Wait for the dongle driver to be installed (wait for a pop-up message).

6) Launch VX from the desktop icon.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 15

17-07-2006 07:34 . pm | View his/her posts only
I went to the hasp folder in the program files and I ended up getting the same error message.

Any other suggestions?

ChrisWard2k2

Message 7 of 15

17-07-2006 09:54 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Clinton

Sorry about this -tricky problem.

You mention that you have tried to install v12.50 on two different machines. Is that the exact same v12.50 CD or single download to a common folder (e.g. network server)? Also, is it the same dongle tried on the two machines? Are the previous VX versions still working on the machines using the same dongle that brings-up the error? If the dongle is a USB type, remove and try another USB device in the same port (e.g. memory stick) to prove that the port is OK. Windows Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager will also indicate if there is a port driver/physical hardware problem.

It might be that the Hasp file itself has been corrupted. Go to the VX installation folder, hasp folder, and delete the contents of the folder (3 files). Attached zip contains files known to work on my machine, unzip to the hasp folder and try the Setup.bat file again. Ensure that no major memory-hogging programs are running at the time.

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 15

20-07-2006 07:08 . pm | View his/her posts only
I did as you said below with the zipped files and I go the exact same error message.

To answer your questions below, I have two different computers in two different buildings, I downloaded to each computer from your website at different times.

The dongle itself works fine. The dongle is only 4 months old or so.

Do you have a link so I can download VX12.3? I'd like to see if I can get that to work again.

Thanks,
Clinton

Originally posted by: ChrisW
Hi Clinton

Sorry about this -tricky problem.

You mention that you have tried to install v12.50 on two different machines. Is that the exact same v12.50 CD or single download to a common folder (e.g. network server)? Also, is it the same dongle tried on the two machines? Are the previous VX versions still working on the machines using the same dongle that brings-up the error? If the dongle is a USB type, remove and try another USB device in the same port (e.g. memory stick) to prove that the port is OK. Windows Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager?will also indicate if there is a port driver/physical hardware?problem.

It might be that the Hasp file itself has been corrupted. Go to the VX installation folder, hasp folder, and delete the contents of the folder (3 files). Attached zip contains files known to work on my machine, unzip to the hasp folder and try the Setup.bat file again. Ensure that no major memory-hogging programs are running at the time.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 9 of 15

29-07-2006 01:20 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Clinton

Going back to v12.30 (or v12.46) is of course possible (would need to set up a link from Florida), but essentially the HASP situation is the same. I think you are saying that the same dongle is used for both PCs. So, we have two common denominators - the downloaded VX file and the dongle itself. I don't have any statistics on the downloads of v12.50, but it is a fair bet that both the zip and the winrar versions have been downloaded by customers and I have not heard of problems with either compressed file type for v12.50 - we have had problems in the past and certainly it is good advice to use WinZip with the zip file and WinRar with the winrar file. We can narrow the fault down a little further - during the VX install, the HASP install fails but this should not affect the VX install itself - you should be able to launch VX even without the dongle - can you? Have you proven to yourself that the dongle is working properly - it's age really does not matter, I'm using an 8 years old dongle but have had reports of dongles failing in a matter of days. If there is any doubt, ask your VX Reseller to send you a new dongle.

By the way - which of the downloads did you use - zip or rar? I like rar because it is faster than zip. WinRar also seems to be a little bit better at large archives than WinZip.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 10 of 15

30-07-2006 04:42 . am | View his/her posts only
....I should add that I know the rar download works fine, I have used that one twice - anyone out there that can confirm the zip download works ok?

Paul

Message 11 of 15

30-07-2006 06:25 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Chris,
my install was a winzip 'full'. Also onto a dongle. no problems.

Cheers

OldForumPost

Message 12 of 15

31-07-2006 12:37 . pm | View his/her posts only
In the past, I have tried both the WinZip and WinRar Full versions with your respective recommended "unzip" utilities.

The installation freezes after the Aladin driver error message comes up. So I can't even enter demo mode.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

I'm probably doing something wrong and/or stupid. I'll just call tech support, which should have been the first thing I tried.

Thanks!

OldForumPost

Message 13 of 15

01-08-2006 06:38 . pm | View his/her posts only
I called Mike at VX support and he solved my problem in less than two minutes.

I just had to uninstall and reinstall the "hardware key driver" using the VX setup interface. All fixed.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 14 of 15

03-08-2006 03:10 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Clinton

That is very good news. Of course, re-running the HASP install was our first suggestion

OldForumPost

Message 15 of 15

03-08-2006 12:10 . pm | View his/her posts only
Thanks for your suggestions Chris. If you were on the phone with me you would have solved it quickly also. Calling is the first thing I should have done.

I tried your suggestion in your 11 July post. However, I again got the same error message as my first post.

The thing that Mike suggested was slightly different than what you suggested. He told me to remove the dongle, go to the "setup" interface in start>all programs>vxcorp. Then uninstall the hardware driver and then reinstall using that interface.

Anytime I call VX, you guys solve my problem within 2 minutes or 2 days if it requires you to look at my models. Big thumbs up to the VX team.

Thanks!
See also