Assistant Engineer

Message 1 of 11

changing macnine posts
29-09-2006 10:44 . am | View his/her posts only
can I change an existing post that was written by VX post? If so how

Robert

Message 2 of 11

29-09-2006 01:54 . pm | View his/her posts only
I don't understand your question... are you trying to edit an existing post?

If yes, navigate to the VX installation directory, under the bin directory you'll find a file called vxpostm.exe - double click to start the post processor and then load your post config... edit and save your changes.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 3 of 11

29-09-2006 06:15 . pm | View his/her posts only
.....Like this:

Modify VxPost M/C file

Steve

Message 4 of 11

02-10-2006 03:28 . pm | View his/her posts only
There doesn't seem to be a any real documentation for vxpost that I can find...

Take for instance, after every tool change, I want to go X & Y then Z with a Height offset(G43)...

Doing the "Define insertion/function"
and looking at the "After tool change", there is "(x=%1.2f, y=%1.2f, z=%1.2f, tool no=%g)", ip.x, ip.y, ip.z, tl.n
What does all that mean?

Am I missing something? Is there some documentation hiding somewhere on VX Post?

george

Message 5 of 11

03-10-2006 07:02 . am | View his/her posts only
Why don't you use IMS?

Steve

Message 6 of 11

04-10-2006 12:09 . pm | View his/her posts only
Because I don't want to have to purchase another IMS license for our 2nd seat.

VXpost comes with VX.
There SHOULD be some kind of documentation on it.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 7 of 11

05-10-2006 07:49 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Steve

IMS Lite is now bundled with VX......

Concerning the VxPost "Define Insertion" function, the code in place when you first select the option is an example of what someone may wish to input in order to control the format of the inserted G Code line. Thanks to Vx CAM guru Jim McDonald for his help on how that "secret code" breaks down:

The code in parentheses, on the left-side of the comma, is a formatting description, i.e., how the information must be presented when printed to the G code file.

"(x=%1.2f, y=%1.2f, z=%1.2f, tool no=%g)",

For example, the values of x, y and z should be formatted in accordance with the "variable mask" (% = "mask follows"). In each case, the value should be a floating point value (2f = floating point to two decimal places), and it must have at least one unit digit (1. = minimum 1 unit to be printed). I think we may assume that the tool number mask (g) is an un-signed integer.

The code on the right-side of the comma consists of VxPost variable values that will be incorporated into the line:

, ip.x, ip.y, ip.z, tl.n

In this example, the values of x,y and z to be used are the current linear axis end positions as absolute machine ordinate values (ip = axis end posn). The current tool number is delivered by the tl.n value (tl.n = current tool number).

The whole text string will be printed inside brackets, complete with the value identifiers (e.g. "x=" and "tool no="). So, the actual G code line inserted would look something like this:

N123(x=0.00, y=220.34, z=55.56, tool no=6)

If you click on an empty "Insert Condition" line, a form for entering your condition pops-up. Here, you can find all of the variable names available - click on the variable name to see a brief description.

Download this movie to get acquainted with the basic method: VxPost_Conditional_Insert

Steve

Message 8 of 11

05-10-2006 08:01 . am | View his/her posts only
Cool, thanks Chris!

george

Message 9 of 11

05-10-2006 08:25 . am | View his/her posts only
I think you can get a Run Time license that will just post programs not write post processors. That would be cheaper than buying a full seat and you would not have to learn another post processor

It is my understanding that VX is not developing their post, so they steer customers over to IMS. IMS is ok but it is slow and if I am posting several programs it will only do a few and then it will lock up and need to be restarted.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 10 of 11

05-10-2006 09:53 . am | View his/her posts only
VX Post is designed by Machineware, our partners in Japan. There will be a new build of VX Post, ready for VX v12.6+, for the VX development team in Florida to work with. So, that should in turn find it's way to the VX Cam customers once any issues arising have been solved. We can't claim that VX Post can handle every requirement of every controller, but it certainly is already very useful for some customers and it's price is competitive too.

Robert

Message 11 of 11

09-10-2006 11:51 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi George,

I just returned from a visit to Japan and can assure you that the VX Post is undergoing lots of development and testing.

We choose to direct folks to IMS (In America) because they can get great support from IMS and the product ships with a good library of machine/post combinations.

In Europe our resellers supply NCCS, Tesapost or SG-post (different strokes for different folks).
See also