IMS Post

Mike

Message 1 of 9

IMS Post
09-10-2006 09:36 . am | View his/her posts only
I'm finally getting back into VX after a few months off because we were just too darn busy. Good problem to have, I guess. Anyway, when I first got started Jim set me up with IMS post for our VMC's and all was good under 11.6. I have since moved to a new computer and I've installed 12.55. Could someone please post a step-by-step on how to get IMS post going again on this new machine?

Thanks,

Mike Leslie
Falcon Corporation

Mike

Message 2 of 9

16-10-2006 10:35 . am | View his/her posts only
Nothing like being ignored. I was able to find the IMS stuff in the full version download. The provided instructions were enough to get me going.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 3 of 9

16-10-2006 04:20 . pm | View his/her posts only
.....hmm, talking to yourself eh?

Mike

Message 4 of 9

16-10-2006 05:30 . pm | View his/her posts only
Mike, remember this is a user forum. This should not be your primary source of support. Follow this up with an email to support@vx.com or to your reseller, Bob.

Mike

Message 5 of 9

17-10-2006 05:22 . am | View his/her posts only
Gotcha. I have been in contact with support.

Thanks,
Mike

Nick

Message 6 of 9

16-07-2007 10:25 . am | View his/her posts only
Hey Wireburn,

We were dealing with IMS Post til they pulled out of deal with VX. We had a lot of problems and never
got a satisfactory post from them. We got to try Posthaste - it was great - I started by pasting my
old post from Surfcam in as a Posthaste file and got an almost identical post with few changes needed.

I appreciate your posts in this forum - there aren't many.

regards,

Nick R.

cutter

Message 7 of 9

17-07-2007 06:55 . pm | View his/her posts only
Scallopz, could you tell me more about this Posthaste program? I have a haasvf3 with 99year software version on it. Surfcam sent me a post file in 2002.5 and it has been bullet proof for every version till velocity 3. On the other hand support tells me that I have the only vf3 that can't recognise their haas post and I have never been able to post code without a special file or files sent to me. I would love to import my surfcam mpost and use it and avoid being the only guy in the world who can't use vx haas out of the box. The other side to this coin is maybe there is a parameter setting that is wrong and VX support just does not know to tell me what to check. Never could make IMS work either and I have it installed where it sits to this day as an example of to much trouble to use. Any ideas on these issues? Thanks and my email is fieldweld@hughes.net if you care to contact me.

Nick

Message 8 of 9

02-08-2007 02:13 . pm | View his/her posts only
Matt,

You're right about that. It's hard to create your own post when all you're supplied with is IMS Post Lite.

We're still in limbo here as to a permanent post from IMS Post or PostHaste.

regards,

Nick.

OldForumPost

Message 9 of 9

15-01-2008 11:09 . am | View his/her posts only
Scallopz, Cutter

We tested (and proved) PostHASTE to a number of customer that required the strangest post configurations. All with success AND a very quick response from the Ground Support crew at PostHASTE. What i liked was the simple interface; one text document. Customising was pretty simple. We found the posting speed beats IMS too.

The trend in South Africa seems be buying Chinese machines with controllers that "work just like Fanuc..." Ever seen those? Unless the VX posts will work almost out of the box (barring the minor tweaks I can get to via Vxpost.exe) I will be using/recommending PostHASTE.

Ockert
Kuul cc
See also