CAD software discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Using scale for printing and thick line results.

Using scale for printing and thick line results.

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 2

Using scale for printing and thick line results.
16-02-2007 03:23 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Everybody
One of my customers experienced a problem when scaling (zooming) a drawing before plotting.

What he wants to do is to set up his drawing for a specific paper size and then print it. This is of course no problem. However he often then wants to use the scale option in the print setup form to change the scale so that he can use the dynamic limit option to window a part of his drawing and then plot it. The problem occurs when he uses the scale option in the layout tab of the print setup form. This scales everything, including the line thickness. Whichy means if he scales something by a factor of 20 for example, the line thickness is then 20 times thicker, and the plot is of no use. However (and thanks to Mike Lynch for the tip) if you leave the scale in the layout tab to 1.0, you can still "zoom" the plot by going to the attributes tab and changing the Geometry X and Y scale options to the value you need, and then using the dynamic print limit to window the area you need plotting. Now you get a zoomed up plot view and the line thickness stays the same,, sweet. I just love this flexabilty that VX has. so I though I'd share it with you all (appologies for those of you who knew already)

Paul

Message 2 of 2

19-02-2007 05:33 . pm | View his/her posts only
Cool, I certainly didn't know.

Now, can this TIp be included within Help? That way I can find it when needed.

Cheers
See also