CAD software discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Auto constrain inside a Sketcher

Auto constrain inside a Sketcher

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 8

Auto constrain inside a Sketcher
28-02-2007 10:33 . am | View his/her posts only
A lot VX users are not satisfied with the "Auto Constrain and dimensions" ... please do the following BEFORE you pick the "Base point" use the "SHIFT+RMB" now you will get the constrain filter and you can change the defaults. After that the result is much better. Please check also the 2D Boolean that we have "Edit > Geometry" here you will find the 2D Boolean at the end.

Regards

Thomas

Paul

Message 2 of 8

01-03-2007 10:35 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Thomas,
thank you for the frank admission about user satisfaction. I will try it out for a better result. ( Iadded this after reading the message for the thrid time.)

VX RMB options are really cool.
BUT what is frustrating is having to use it almost everytime in manual dimension and constrain.
Same with various other selections. you make a pick type choice, complete the pick, go to make the next pick and the choice has reverted (I thought revolted is actually a better word) to the default.
My pinky's are near worn out RMB clickin' and pickin'.

Try modifying a curve point, I want to use Smartfocus OFF and absolute for each point move. I have to RMB click, pick twice EVERYTIME.

So to improve the satisfaction level for this 'lil muddy, I'd REALLY like to see the last selected pic choice remain until the next USER choice. This would be a even better if it was a consistant response through out all operations AND for those who want the 'revert default', a Config toggle between the two options.(Is there anyone out there who wants the revert option?)

Cheers

PS It's such a beautiful warm day here and now it's Friday arvo. Just had to get few things unloaded for the weekend.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 3 of 8

02-03-2007 08:29 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi Paul

Thomas has actually drawn the developer's attention to the fact that in some areas we are asking the User to perform too many clicks. This is going to be addressed gradually as each area is enhanced when addressing other issues. Concerning your pinkies, this is a good time to remind everyone that the mouse department is not the place to practice economics. I have visited many customer's premises and some of you guys are using terrible mice! Given that the little beast is in constant use, I think everybody should treat themselves to a well-formed device that is ergonomic and precise. Many people are using the "generic mouse" that came bundled with the PC - one size fits all just isn't the case, we are all different. If you have never used a "high-end" model, you will be surprised at the difference it can make, and size is indeed important.

Steve

Message 4 of 8

02-03-2007 11:51 . am | View his/her posts only
These work wonderful
http://www.ergopro.com/index.cfm?obj=prodDetails&pID=439

Paul

Message 5 of 8

02-03-2007 01:46 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Thomas & Chris,
Now I have 'discovered ' the Auto constrain Filter it looks great.
My comment would be that the dialogue for Auto constraint does not provide any clues as to the filter existience.

Some suggestions - no doubt development have it noted - :
1) Filter instruction in command line help.

2) A button in the Auto Constrain Dialogue window that opened the filter window. No less clicks

3) Once changes are made to filter, they stay until the user re selects. Hooray, they do this now!

4) A Help access from the filter dialogue that explains the implications selection/exlusion. Just a summary of effects.

Re clicks. I understand the Huge task of reducing them whilst retaining choice. I appreciate knowing that this is being addressed.
Re Input device - ergo fit. If a user doesn't know how important the right sized/angled/fit device is, he soon will! Thnaks to Steve's comment I have found a local supplier who does a range of ergo's I will be checking out. So far still a MS Trackball Optical trackball fan.

Cheers

Cheers

Kevin

Message 6 of 8

02-03-2007 02:53 . pm | View his/her posts only
This is one area where Microsoft stand head and shoulders above Apple Chris....mice! There that proves I'm not a die hard Apple geek :-) I've used MS Mice since Macs had USB. I have to say Apple mice are just plain crap. The new mighty mouse is the worst of the lot - my kids use one at home and it lasted all of 3 months - the tiny little ball can't cope with mega clicks in the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine games online :-).

Kevin

Message 7 of 8

02-03-2007 02:55 . pm | View his/her posts only
Forgot to say that I had the joy of using a Cintiq recently. Now that is something I would like to save up for!

ChrisWard2k2

Message 8 of 8

02-03-2007 04:04 . pm | View his/her posts only
Well, not a Cintiq but I think these are interesting:

http://www.acecad.com.tw/dma402.html
See also