CAD software discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > No lines! EEk! Newbie, so be as brutal as you like...

No lines! EEk! Newbie, so be as brutal as you like...

Tim

Message 1 of 6

No lines! EEk! Newbie, so be as brutal as you like...
03-03-2007 07:26 . am | View his/her posts only
OK, when I sketch, nothing appears until I change the zoom level. Rather disconcerting, trying to draw and remember where your lines, constraints and other icons were... Clearly this is a display issue of some sort, but it is the first time I have seen this sort of problem on any program. Ever!! Display is set to 32 bit, but the same happens in 16 bit.

wunwinglow

Tim

Message 2 of 6

03-03-2007 10:13 . am | View his/her posts only
Hmmmm. Changed the view from Shaded to wireframe. Now I can see the lines.

So why must I not see the lines in the shaded view?

wunwinglow

Steve

Message 3 of 6

03-03-2007 11:47 . pm | View his/her posts only
MIGHT have something to do with the video card you use. Is it an ATI card? IIRC, I have that problem running on my iMac(boot in to windows of course).

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 6

05-03-2007 03:57 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello Wunwinglow

It does sound like a graphics card problem - try this:

Save your current file.

From the Utilities Menu (very top of the gui, 8th menu option from the left), select "Configuration".

On the Configuration form, select the "Display" tab.

On the right-hand side, "Toggle Settings", tick "Software OpenGL driver".

For this to work, VX will need to re-boot and asks if you want to do so.

Tim

Message 5 of 6

05-03-2007 07:57 . am | View his/her posts only
Thanks Chris, that worked a treat. As always, when learning a new piece of software you always assume it is something you are doing 'wrong'!!

Tim Perry (wunwinglow)

Mike

Message 6 of 6

05-03-2007 02:14 . pm | View his/her posts only
Tim,

As always, Chris has a solution that works but as even he will admit, that setting is not the ideal way to run VX. You have a graphics card with hardware acceleration and this configuration setting has just turned that off. As your models get more complex the speed of rotating, panning and zooming will become noticably slower.

Do you possibly have a white background or did you pick a face color that matches the background set in the configuration? The default color for lines and constraints is white. I am thinking that this is the main contributor to your problem.
See also