VX Training

Scott

Message 1 of 6

VX Training
08-11-2007 08:58 . am | View his/her posts only
Does anyone know if there are any VX training guides available that are good for Novices. I find the manuals included with the software very difficult to work through. Their are many assuptions that the user is already skilled at CAD/CAM. Converting from CADKEY 19, I often get lost in the verbage of the manuals and can't really afford to be out of my shop for an $800.00 3 day training class.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 6

08-11-2007 09:48 . am | View his/her posts only

Hello Utmeng

Investing in a training course would save you time because you can gain a thorough understanding of how to apply VX, making VX highly productive. Also, attending the course ensures that there are no distractions and thus you will find it easier to learn. If you work crazy hours like me, a VX training course becomes a holiday too

We do have some excellent material (movies) to get you started, go to the VX website:

http://www.vx.com/infocenter/html/tutorials/qstart.cfm

Also, Dr Walt has written an informal and easy to follow book, which is now in it's third edition:

Email Sales

Scott

Message 3 of 6

08-11-2007 10:35 . am | View his/her posts only
Thanks Chris, I've been through all of those movies on the websight. There very good demos but they don't get to the meat of the software (i.e. History Management, CAM applications, etc.) I also have Dr. Walts first edition of VX CAD. I used Dr. Walts CADKEY books and really got alot out of them. Do you know if he is going to be doing more manuals for VX?

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 6

08-11-2007 05:58 . pm | View his/her posts only

Hi Utmeng

I forgot to mention that you can switch-on the Interactive Mode of the built-in help (Help/Interactive Mode), and VX will pop-up a pertinent help page when you activate a command. You will not want to leave the mode on all the time, but it is handy when using a command in the software that you are not familiar with.

A book about the advanced application of VX would need to be written by someone that uses it day-in day-out, there is a lot more to VX than the other MCAD software on the market.

Mike

Message 5 of 6

16-11-2007 02:58 . pm | View his/her posts only
Scott,

By now I am sure you received my email announcing the release of version 13.

In the VX/PDF directory of your download is a Basic Modeler training guide. It is written to lead the user step by step through the process of building 4 parts. If you liked Dr. Walt's books you will like this; it is written in a similar style.

After getting your feet wet with this book you will want to tackle the CAD Fundamentals. This book is more thorough on the basic concepts. Again, it leads you step by step through the exercises. CAD fundamentals can be downloaded from the VX web site or the Support site. In version 13.42 it will be sent to you on a separate training CD.
All the training manuals have been revampt for V13. Even the advanced manuals should lead you step by step.

Scott

Message 6 of 6

19-11-2007 03:50 . pm | View his/her posts only
Thanks Mike,

I'll be looking for that CD.
See also