VX 13 drawings and colours
Message 1 of 6
Drawings are now invisible! OK maybe not but the new colour scheme has a few issues (to say the least).
1. The VX Configuration Color tab settings for 2D entities is defaulted to Black, yet the 2D entities are white, and stay white regardless of what colour you choose. And no its not the graphics as the VX gurus in Wales have got this as well. Only option is to revert back to the old colour scheme - which I never liked.
2. Background colours. In modelling I like the lilac OK, in drawings I need the old scheme to see the lines with the dark background, so I change it. Now back in modelling I have the dark background again....and so on. Why can't there be a background colour for drawings and a background for 3D?
3. Back in modelling (after changing to the new scheme) I switch to wireframe. Now I can't see any selected items clearly because the selection is yellow. This also applies to previews of modelling ops. In short the default scheme is useless for wireframe use.
4. Why do the active selections only have a limited colour pallete to choose from yet the other (inactive?) have the standard pallete plus a user defined custom one?
OK this all might be minor and cosmetic (apart from the bug in (1)) but these are the defaults I am talking about and this was supposed to be a big new feature for v13.
Message 2 of 6
Item 1. I have not seen the problem described, yet I have the same version as you. No doubt the guys in Wales will put in a PCR to explain how it happens (The PCR system has been unavailable for the past few days). It does sound like a graphics card/driver issue. I assume that you are running at a high screen resolution (e.g. mine is 1280 x 1024) and 32bit true colour?
Item 2 does happen and I have to agree that it is a pain. If we can get the new colour scheme to work on your PC, black on lilac is very kind to the eyes and you may find that you like it.
Item 3. Very much personal taste at the end of the day, though I'm not sure what you see on your screen given that you are having problems. Works really well on my PC (yellow wireframe highlight on lilac background). You will also notice that where system direction indication arrows are displayed, they are now huge great things that everyone can see
Item4. There are both technical and historical reasons for this. An enhancement request is in the PCR system and hopefully we will see this limitation removed for v14, which will be sporting some quantum leap improvements.
Message 3 of 6
The 2d drawing entities in the config file are correct and come out in black or whatever colour you choose. (when you draw stuff)
The 2d layout colours are different, they are set from the attribute layout form. Each 2d layout template for the drawing sizes can easily be set to create the colour you want. What would have been nice perhaps is if new 2d layouts were include with the Template.VX file. You can also specify the background colour in the templates (assuming of course you use them).
You can also set up a template for part modelling with your favourite colours for background, highlighting, preview and so on (preview is set with the attribute echo option).
I know what you mean of course and understand why you would want to set everything up in the config file, but using the Templates can make things much easier for you.
Give me a call if you want me to talk you through the template thingy. or any of the above.
Message 4 of 6
Generally the changes in the colours are good but if we could just get the background issue sorted that would be great.
Message 5 of 6
congrats. Works a treat. Just make a new template exactly as you need, Save the templates file then you're away.
You have to be in sketch mode to change the sketch attributes. I saved the template after exiting the sketch. Then deleted the sketch and saved again. This seems to stick the sketch attributes OK with out having a Sketch in the template. Maybe ther's an easier way of doing this.
Message 6 of 6
Thx for the kind words.
One thing I forgot to include is what happens if you do not wish to, or forget to load a template? You will not have your favourite settings. So the answer is as follows.
On the first tab "General" of the config form, you can see the following options "Part", "Sheet" and "plan" templates These will be loaded if you do not specify a particular template object when you go into say the part. This is how I set things up. First copy the original (or create a new) template and put it in a folder away from any VX user or system files, also give it a unique name so it's easily identified in the config file form, I call mine Akela_ Templates for example. Go to the files tab in the config form and browse for the newly created/copied template file, cause you gave it a unique name its easily identified here.
Edit your new template file and change/delete/edit/insert, the existing part, sheet and plan template objects as required. Also at this stage create new default template objects for the part sheet and plan, these will be the objects that will load if you omit to choose a template object when you go in to part, sheet or plan. Remember these "seed or start" objects are in your template file. It works great. you effectivley set up all the defaults you want. I find it particularrly useful for Cam for example. When I go into a cam plan and do not load a template, VX loads my default one anyway, which contains all sorts of usefull stuff, like default machine, together with the tools loaded into the toolchanger and so on.
Hope this helps, and once agin if you are not clear about what I mean, give me a call.
- calculate area in autocad
- sheet metal design tips
- zwcad 2010 torrent
- how to print multipage dwg
- how to make cross section in autocad
- design cad software
- how to find backup files in autocad
- buy solidworks 2009
- how to open dwg on mobile phone
- zwcad 2011 torrent
- import dwg into sketchup
- autocad area calculation
- Creating a rope texture in 3D
- zw 3d
- sketchup dwg