CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Trace profile improvements.

Trace profile improvements.

Mark

Message 1 of 6

Trace profile improvements.
15-01-2008 09:57 . am | View his/her posts only
Hello.

Are there any plans to improve the trace profile in the sketcher.
1. A small one would be to 'right click' and 'unpick last'. would save starting over from an incorrect pick.
2. Trace profile works differently on 'ready sketch' ellipses to normally created ones. Ready sketch ellipese ignore intersections. grrrrrr.
3. Most importantly and would be the best noticable enhancement speed / frustration. Dimensions cannot be added to a trace profile geometry AFTER the trace has been applied.
This either means over dimensioning to start with, or, deleting the trace, applying dimensions then re aplying the trace.
Deleting a trace mid history in an established model is a NIGHTMARE. some much referenced geometry and commands will fail meaning timely reconstruction.

Please tell me 3. is at least a serious consideration?

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 6

15-01-2008 10:04 . am | View his/her posts only

Hello the MIB

You are absolutely right, Trace does need an update. Items 1 and 3 are already covered by PCR requests. I have not seen the failure described in item 2 and will investigate - certainly it should not be a problem, both "types" are in fact identical.

Paul

Message 3 of 6

15-01-2008 05:29 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Chris,
I can verify thare are some problems with ignored intersections on ellipse tracing but I never figured out why that particular ellipse. Thanks MIB.

Cheers

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 6

15-01-2008 10:52 . pm | View his/her posts only

Hello theMIB

Strange but I can't get a ReadySketch ellipse to ignore an intersection, even marginal ones. Tested VX v13.43. Watch-out for the Options Form, because there is an "ignore intersections" option there. If you have a sample v13.43 Sketch that does fail to trace properly, please forward it to me.

Mark

Message 5 of 6

16-01-2008 04:24 . am | View his/her posts only
No I am not using V13 series yet, finishing projects in 12.93, I confirmed this issue with my supplier. So sorry, no 13.43 sketches.
Also, no it is not the 'ignore intersection options'.

Paul

Message 6 of 6

05-03-2008 01:49 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi,
slightly off topic, BUT still on Trace Profile..
Maybe everyone already knows this, but if you use SwapAll in a sketch with a trace the trace is now the only visible.
Cool eh. I hadn't thought to try swap all with a trace before, even though I often blank entities before making trace to eliminate tedious intersections.

Cheers
See also