CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > V14 Equation editor UI enhanced??? really???

V14 Equation editor UI enhanced??? really???

Paul

Message 1 of 2

V14 Equation editor UI enhanced??? really???
22-03-2009 09:50 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi Guys,
I am getting to grips with V14 bit by bit. Basically I am working awy in 13.75 and when I run into an a problem or an annoying scenario I try it out in V14.

So here is some feedback.

I see the equation editor has had some cosmetic tweaking with icons replacing text. My guess is that most people only use the editor occasionally and the text is a fast descriptive tool instead of hover to see help tips to fugyre the icon..

I'd have much rather seen solid some improvements in useability.
The gripes are:
Modifying an equation in a sketch opens up the editor but NOT the equation.
Editing/adding a variable in a equation, appends the variable to the end of the equation and ignores the cursor positon in the editor bar. Big baddie.
One must still submit the equation. Pressing OK alone looses! the just edited equation - great.

In summary - I just don't get it. Along with the updated sketcher we need a user friendly editor please.
Text
    Text

As an aside I actually like the power and concept of the editor, however there is no question is is clumsy to use due to the reasons above. Fix these and it's looking quite good.

Cheers

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 2

23-03-2009 04:55 . am | View his/her posts only

Hello Mudcrab.

"Behind the scenes" the Equation Editor has improved greatly. It is more robust and supports a range of units in a simple way. The GUI is also improved, giving informative notes about the current command.

Modifying an equation in a sketch opens up the editor but NOT the equation. Editing/adding a variable in a equation, appends the variable to the end of the equation and ignores the cursor positon in the editor bar. Big baddie. One must still submit the equation. Pressing OK alone looses! the just edited equation - great.

These issues are working their way up through the PCR system.
    See also