CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > VX Direct modelling - will it ...???

VX Direct modelling - will it ...???

Paul

Message 1 of 4

VX Direct modelling - will it ...???
19-04-2010 03:34 . pm | View his/her posts only
Here is a quote from a Deelip interview with Spaceclaim (truncated for purpose of this question)

'Deelip: When you read a parametric feature based model into SpaceClaim all of the intelligence is lost. So there is a chance that someone editing the geometry in SpaceClaim could be violating some of the rules set up by the author of the original model. Say if the length of a box should be twice its breadth, pushing and pulling faces in SpaceClaim can easily mess thing up.

Chris: The way I look at it is like this. You can either retain all of the features and parameters or you cannot. And theres probnably not a half way. .....'

Will VX Direct Modelling allow a combination of parametric and direct modelling?

Robert

Message 2 of 4

19-04-2010 03:37 . pm | View his/her posts only
yup, it sure will.

cutter

Message 3 of 4

19-04-2010 11:00 . pm | View his/her posts only
Paul poses and interesting question and I would like to know a little more. lets take the same box ratio. Will the ability to prevent or allow any changes to a specific feature be an attribute we can assign to a part feature in the part or assembly?

Paul

Message 4 of 4

13-08-2010 04:53 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi VX development,
I have attached a gif showing a generic direct editing process.
I am interested to know if V15 will have this capability?

Right now when I try to edit points in 3D space, as in the Freeform example, there is considerable difficulty in controlling where the point ends up unless I invoke a RMB option.
So my next question is: How are spline editing tools in both 2D and 3D being dramatically improved to make editing easier?
Ditto for editing FEM and UV points- directions position in global space is awkward to say the least. How are these matters being addressed?
Cheers
See also