CAD software discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Point cloud no more?

Point cloud no more?

Kevin

Message 1 of 4

Point cloud no more?
24-09-2010 10:07 . am | View his/her posts only
Just looking at the product breakdown for the new packages and see that point cloud is now moved to the Professional package? So how does this translate to users that had VX Designer - which had point cloud support (and in fact was one of the features I do use). Does this mean we all need to "upgrade" to the Pro package when we switch to ZW3D?

Kevin

Message 2 of 4

27-09-2010 05:57 . pm | View his/her posts only
Sorry just bumping this again as it has probably been lost in the debate over at Rants and Rants about T Splines. Point Cloud is something that is/was in VX Designer but now appears to be only included in the Mold and Die package. Personally I think this is a mistake. I'm a part designer not a mold designer. I originally bought Mold and Die but reverted to Designer after a year because I never used anything in Mold and Die apart from the draft tools (which is another feature that should be in the core package). So, will the core package be able to even read a point cloud?

Paul

Message 3 of 4

28-09-2010 03:08 . am | View his/her posts only
Try shouting louder Kevin.
Simple enough question. Only the ZW3D can answer that.

Like you, what I don't get is why it takes so long for a response!

Mike

Message 4 of 4

29-09-2010 01:39 . pm | View his/her posts only
It always seems to come down to the technical support guy making customers happy (what's wrong with that). BTW Between your first two posts there was a weekend. Management is just now on their way back from China. So ... be patient.

This information was originally mailed out by Bob Fischer on Sept 1 so I am not speaking out of line.

This is the VX to ZW3D upgrade plan

Innovator Lite, Innovator and Innovator Pro will convert to ZW3D Standard. UpGrade price $0
Designer and Mold&Die will convert to ZW3D Professional. Upgrade price $0
Innovator NC, 3D Machinist and End-To-End will convert to Zw3D Premium. UpGrade price $0
VX add-on for 5-axis will convert to ZW3D 5X Add-on. UpGrade price $0

See also