CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > About ZW3D Encryption

About ZW3D Encryption

William

Top Influencer

Message 1 of 5

About ZW3D Encryption
09-11-2010 06:27 . pm | View his/her posts only
Now, About the encryption it is great different between ZW3D and VX.The following introduces Stand-alone Licensing and network Licensing for you in two ways

ZW3D Stand-alone Licensing:
ZW3D products are licensed with either a Soft-Key or Dongle (USB hardware license key).

Soft-Key

The Soft-Key is not assigned to specific computer. The Soft-Key can be move from one system to another via the license manager. A Soft-Key can be repaired online with the License Manager, because of damaged or changed hardware or software.

Dongle

Dongles provide the simplest portability. ZW3D can be launched on any computer where the dongle is installed and has been activated.
Each dongle has been pre-programmed to launch a certain ZW3D product, thus there are 4 different dongles.
1) Dongle for ZW3D Standard licensing
2) Dongle for ZW3D Professional licensing
3) Dongle for ZW3D Premium licensing
4) Dongle for ZW3D Premium plus 4-5 Axis licensing

The CASE sensitive product activation code is attached to the dongle with a label. Customers should retain this activation code for their records.

If you upgrade from ZW3D Professional 2010 to ZW3D Professional 2011, you will only need a new activation code for 2011.
If you upgrade from ZW3D Professional to ZW3D Premium, you will need to return your old dongle and purchase a new one.
The license on the Dongle is permanent. Customers should be encouraged to insure their dongle for the list price of the software. Loss or theft of the dongle is the equivalent of losing the software. Damaged dongles are replaceable.

ZW3D Network Licensing :

ZW3D products are licensed with either a Soft-Key or Dongle (USB hardware license key).

Soft-Key

The Soft-Key is not assigned to specific server. The Soft-Key can be move from one system to another via the network license manager by re-activation after returning License to ZWSOFT License Center online or offline. A Soft-Key can be repaired online with the License Manager, because of damaged or changed hardware or software.
Workstation is able to get the floating license from Server, and it is available for the workstation to borrow the license from the Server for temporary use.

Dongle

Dongle can be installed in the Server, and workstation can get the license by connecting to the specific Server IP.
Each dongle has been pre-programmed to launch a certain ZW3D product, thus there are 4 different dongles.
1) Dongle for ZW3D Standard licensing
2) Dongle for ZW3D Professional licensing
3) Dongle for ZW3D Premium licensing
4) Dongle for ZW3D Premium plus 4-5 Axis licensing

The CASE sensitive product activation code is attached to the dongle with a label. Customers should retain this activation code for their records.

If you upgrade from ZW3D Professional 2010 to ZW3D Professional 2011, on the Server, you will only need to install a new network License program and a activation code for 2011. On the Client, you can get the license as you do before upgrade.
If you upgrade from ZW3D Professional to ZW3D Premium, you will need to return your old dongle and purchase a new one.
The license on the Dongle is permanent. Customers should be encouraged to insure their dongle for the list price of the software. Loss or theft of the dongle is the equivalent of losing the software. Damaged dongles are replaceable.

chris

Assistant Engineer

Message 2 of 5

13-11-2010 06:41 . am | View his/her posts only
I have a question about the upgrade to 2011 my VX is paid till april 2011 will I receive a credit for that?

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 5

15-11-2010 04:31 . am | View his/her posts only
Hi, Chris

Normally, it depends on the release date of ZW3D 2011, and the final schedule is still not decided, since there are a lot of projects are working at the same time. You can confirm it if you can get the new upgrade once it is released from our local reseller.

Best regards
Colin

Paul

Message 4 of 5

30-11-2010 01:08 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hi William,
I have a HASP key(Dongle) for VX up to V14.xx and am on a current maintenance package so it should take me all the way up V14.99.
However it appears ZW3D (V14.6) does not recognise the HASP.

What do I need to do in order to run ZW3D.

FYI. I run VX on to PC's in different offices and take my Dongle with me. I also travel with the software so do temp installs in a different location and use the Dongle so this the best portable solution.

Cheers

Mike

Message 5 of 5

30-11-2010 03:42 . pm | View his/her posts only
William,

I will send Paul's information to you and John for verification of ZW3D software pakage.

Paul, I will send you a separate email to verify you shipping address.

See also