Trouble

cutter

Message 1 of 6

Trouble
16-11-2010 04:49 . am | View his/her posts only
It is the first time in about 9 months or so that I am cutting one of a family of parts again. The old cut paths still work but on a new part using the same strategies as were used to cut the old similar ones I am having nothing but trouble. It seems as though feature creation and selection is hit and miss and I can't cut anything in Zlevel using cusp heigth and instead have to use a number in zee instead. I go to use features created like I used to, surfaces and profiles, and it will ignore those but when the prompt asks for a profile or surface it will recognise those. But now I end up with gobs of features where it only used to take 2. This is in V14.5 and 14.6 and my question here is are others experiencing problems all of a sudden to or is it just me. I am ready to roll back to an earlier version at this rate as it was a thankless 5 hours last night and more this morning to get this cam plan on this rush job out. I am going to talk to support this morning and see if there is something they have tinkered with and not told me about or if it's just broken.

Just as an aside here to you guys in China. I see on the ZW site that support is available by email. If you ever switch to that here and I can't pick up the phone and call for support when I am having a job stopping problem you can count me out. I am already having problems in cam that were'nt there before and this is not inspiring confidence on my end. Don't know if you care but I do.

I will post updates on this as time permits.

cutter

Message 2 of 6

16-11-2010 07:30 . am | View his/her posts only
After rebooting and cleaning out the quickmill cache this morning it seems to be OK now. I had forgotten that for unknown reasons the cache can become corrupt, or whatever, and the problem today is solved.

Mike

Message 3 of 6

16-11-2010 08:59 . am | View his/her posts only
Dave,

I take offense. You of all people know that you can pick the phone up and talk to us any time you want. I have 3 different email addresses, 2 phone numbers (that you know), skype and the online chat. Why put comments in your thread doubting that we care? The web site says support is available by email because this is truely a global company. If you have a problem at noon your time, China is obviously not available to take your phone call.

Support in the USA has not changed. I, however, am becoming more crotchidy...

cutter

Message 4 of 6

16-11-2010 09:16 . pm | View his/her posts only
Hey Mike, does that mean I can call you at 11:00PM :-} I know you guys are there and always have been during business hours. What my comment was about was the official ZW site where last time I looked they said support is available by email. You see, if I did not know about you guys I could be mislead here. What the comment also was is a statement to the ZW China guys that if they do away with US tech support in FL I am out of here. You ought to know I value your expertise after all these years and that you were not the target of that comment.

Steve

Message 5 of 6

17-11-2010 09:58 . am | View his/her posts only

I, however, am becoming more crotchidy

Is this actually possible?

I am of course JUST KIDDING. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the VX support crew. They do their job, and do it very well IMHO. Even when I've been rude and crotchidy

ChrisWard2k2

Message 6 of 6

17-11-2010 09:52 . pm | View his/her posts only
crotchidy? Is that related to knitting and sewing?
See also