CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > QM Design decisions. Your feed back required!

QM Design decisions. Your feed back required!

Dan

Message 1 of 7

QM Design decisions. Your feed back required!
03-09-2002 09:44 . am | View his/her posts only
I have to do some design decisions and your feed back will be highly appreciable.
So please be kind and submit your feed back because I do not know it you'll like the new behaviour!

Of course if you have frustrating problems in today's QM cycle please open new topic's here to discuss and solve'em.

Dan

Message 2 of 7

03-09-2002 09:46 . am | View his/her posts only
Now when step is changed to CuspHeight the lace cycle is automatic converted in a variable step lace cycle. This a hystorical reason and was a customer demand in a older simplified lace cycle.

I want to disable this automatic dynamic step behavior in classic lace because classic lace cycle has a broader functionality and usefulness now. The default behavior disables setting of cuspHeight step with still constant step very useful when flowing bottom to top and top to bottom is desired.

Dan

Message 3 of 7

03-09-2002 10:08 . am | View his/her posts only
Starting with VXQMV0.7.13 a dual way of setting the Analytical Model step it is used. Values bigger than 0 have the same meaning to keep compatibility with old versions and values [-1..0] have the meaning of coarseness factor. 0 = coarse, -1 = smooth! QM doing automatic step calculation according with this generic accuracy hint this enable generic quality setting for different part size enhancing automation. Further to simplify understanding I plan to convert the grid step in a slider in VXV7.0 with bottom meaning coarse and top meaning smooth this will give a better filling about what

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 7

13-09-2002 02:29 . pm | View his/her posts only
I would think a slider to be perfect for this parameter. Many times customers are not sure what the range of the values are (not they don't look at the help as ofter as they should) and a slider would give them a easy way to distinguish the appropriate value.

I would also recommend a slider for smoothing factor and anti-skating factor.

-mjh

Dan

Message 5 of 7

13-09-2002 03:18 . pm | View his/her posts only
This was my propositions 3 days ago about interface humanisation in VX. If you like'em give me a thumb up cuz we still debate if will help you guys or not:

"
I will appreciate if we can convert some factors to sliders in QM interface. This will simplify a bit QM without killing to much functionality.

So:
[-1 .. 2]<0.6> AntiskatingOffsetFactor
[0..10] <3> Link.ShortDistFactor
[0..2] <0 = pencil, 0.5 = HSM Lace, 1 = {O2D, O3D}> SmoothFactor
[0..1] <0.5> Pencil.SensitivityFactor.
[-1..0] <-0.2> Advanced.GridStep = Advanced.CoarsnessFactor for VXQMV >= V0.7.13.

I will like to see also at least check boxes implemented as check boxes. Discutions about radio buttons is a pretty sensitive one I'll not open it here. But if the buttons are converted to label like in a windows product this will help as well.

And will be nice if you can automatic write my help in the hint formated like this for example:
"
Tolerance is "help field";
Type = real;
Default = 0.01;
Validator = RangeValidator(0.3, 0.0001);
"
This will be a great improvment in understanding!!!

Validators hierarchy isn't yet implemented in QMV0.7.x but will be probable in QMV0.9.x with the field expression parser.

"

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 7

16-09-2002 12:08 . pm | View his/her posts only
Excellent idea to put the value parameter information in the hint box.

That is a perfect way to show the user the value range without having the user go to the on-line help browser. I would almost prefer this over slider for the simple reason that a non-slider shows the user the exact value of the parameter without having to hold down the slider to find out what the value is. As long as I know the range, I am ok with entering a numeric value.

Dan

Message 7 of 7

16-09-2002 12:49 . pm | View his/her posts only
The idea was: the slider doesn
See also