—ZWCAD DESIGN’s 2nd Statement on Intellectual Property Dispute with AUTODESK
ZWCAD DESIGN CO., LTD. (ZWCAD DESIGN) made a statement on April 4 regarding the intellectual property dispute with Autodesk, ZWCAD DESIGN’s Declaration for the Intellectual Property Dispute with Autodesk. On April 8, ZWCAD DESIGN heard from its team of lawyers the verdict of the hearing in the Netherlands. Here is a further update about the Dutch proceedings:
1. ZWCAD DESIGN won in the first instance of the Dutch summary proceedings. The court concluded that Autodesk has not proven any infringement by ZWCAD+.
1) Based on the evidence provided by Autodesk and ZWCAD DESIGN, the Dutch court concluded that ZWCAD+ 2012 and ZWCAD+ 2014 did not infringe upon the intellectual property of AutoCAD 2008, and rejected a series of requests by Autodesk, including a sales ban, product recall, and compensation.
2) ZWCAD DESIGN will respond to the order of the Dutch court, to deposit the source code of ZWCAD+ to a Chinese third party organization for any possible review in the future.
3) The District Court in The Hague is a world famous court for intellectual property, with high proficiency and authority. ZWCAD DESIGN respects justice and is grateful for the fair verdict made by the court.
2. ZWCAD+ is a serious competitor to the market leader.
1) ZWCAD+ features independent intellectual property and core technology, which is protected by International and Chinese laws. There is no source code copying in ZWCAD+. ZWCAD+ does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party..
2) ZWCAD+ provides industry leading product quality, which and is a serious competitor to the market leader.
3) ZWCAD DESIGN will keep investing in product R&D, providing better and better products and services to end users.
3. ZWCAD DESIGN believes that the Dutch judgment will be followed by further favorable judgments in other proceedings that have been or may be initiated by Autodesk.
ZWCAD DESIGN hereby reiterates: ZWCAD DESIGN reserves all the rights to take legal actions against any behavior that purposefully defames ZWCAD+ intellectual property or misleads the market and clients.
4. The favorable outcome of the Dutch summary proceedings not only belongs to ZWCAD DESIGN, but to all those who stood by ZWCAD DESIGN. ZWCAD DESIGN is grateful for the unyielding support of its clients, partners and industry insiders.
ZWCAD DESIGN will continue to share with the public more news, and here attached is a copy of the original judgment in the Dutch summary proceedings as well as the English translation for reference.
Verdict from District Court The Hague (Dutch)
Verdict from District Court The Hague (English)
ZWCAD DESIGN Team
April 10, 2014