Wishlist 2009

Subscribe Topic

maker

Message 1 of 13

02-05-2008 01:35 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Just a few ideas, wishes: I hope you don't mind my sharing them.

1. What I felt was that: since you could do most of the stuff of the layer toolbar in the Property Bar, wouldn't it be better to do better to do away with it altogether, and put everything on the Property Bar? This would free up screen space at the top. Especially now that widescreen monitors are becoming more common.

2. If we could have a 'Explode to Polylines' (for mlines) - so we can easily convert mline walls to polylines and use functions like 'Trim' on them. I'm quite sure I saw a lisp routine which did this somewhere. BTW, what happened to 'Offset-->Both sides'? I thought it was a very useful command for architects.

Just my 2cents.

-maker-

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 13

04-05-2008 04:51 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hello, Maker. Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwared your first idea to our R&D dept. They will consider whether to do away with the layers toolbar and integrate it into the properties bar. As for the EXplode to Polylines, it's available in our current version. You can enter the Explode command to do that, then the multiline entities can be Trim or Extend. About the Offset function, it has been submitted to our R&D dept as well. Smile

maker

Message 3 of 13

05-05-2008 12:15 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hello, Rab.
Thanks you for the reply. EXplode mlines to polylines is not available in the version I'm using (2008.04.15 (5576)) downloaded from Zwcad.org on 3rdMay. Isn't that the latest? Here it eXplodes to lines only :(

I'm really impressed with how responsive your company is! I wish more companies were like that. Good luck in your development.

-maker-

BTW, what differences are there between the latest version and the one I downloaded?

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 13

05-05-2008 09:59 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello, Maker. It seems that I misunderstood your meaning. First I shall point out, the version you are using, Vernum=2008.04.15 (5576), is our latest version. About the Mline explode, as you describe, the Mline can be expoded to Line, but not Polyline. It's the default operation of Explode command and the result is the same as in AutoCAD. I will talk with our developer to see whether we will improve the function as you wish. Smile

maker

Message 5 of 13

05-05-2008 11:44 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Thanks Rab.

Actually I was wondering whether it would be possible to add an 'Express tools' command for exploding Mlines to polylines - instead of lines. I'm sure I saw a lisp file somewhere which did that. I'll try to find it. And maybe send it to you if you want.

maker

Message 6 of 13

Wishlist 2009
07-05-2008 09:35 . am   |   View his/her posts only

[QUOTE=maker]Thanks Rab.

Actually I was wondering whether it would be possible to add an 'Express tools' command for exploding Mlines to polylines - instead of lines. I'm sure I saw a lisp file somewhere which did that. I'll try to find it. And maybe send it to you if you want.

SmileExplode mlines (to plines): http://new.cadalyst.com/code/browseyear.cfm?fullyear=2006 (in march 2006)

Also:

ellipse -pline; spline to pline: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/autodesk.autocad.customization/browse_thread/thread/7f6e4ab864d4ef18/d315aa6dfb667068?lnk=st&q=AutoCAD+Explode+Ellipse&rnum=9&hl=en#d315aa6dfb667068

spline to pline: http://new.cadalyst.com/code/browseyear.cfm?fullyear=2005

ellipse to pline and back: http://new.cadalyst.com/code/tips/CodeSearch_Detail.cfm?ID=1539

Incidentally, lots of good stuff in Cadalyst. I haven't tested them with wCad, but I'm sure most will work fine.

maker

Message 7 of 13

Wishlist 2009
Some more items on the 2009 wishlist Lamp:
1. Layer States -also accessible through commandline. Would be simple to make lisp file that saves & restores layer states. (Maybe I can get
2. Block editors and/or tool palettes.
3. Perhaps Tie-ups with related software: specifically ArchT.
4. Maybe 3DS / OBJ export import: This would allow better working with free/os/cheap software.
5. There are quite a few cheap/free plugins for Autocad - which could perhaps be integrated into ZwCad. Esp stuff like promenu.

Just suggestions - for whenever you guys get the time. since I'm sure you're very very busy -what with the speed of your development.Smile

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 13

07-05-2008 09:00 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Hello, Maker. Thank you for all the info you tell us. I will forward your advice to our R&D dept. They will estimate the practical value and make the desition whether and when to add them.Smile

Tiger

Message 9 of 13

16-05-2008 08:14 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi..

I'd like to see an integrated Block Manager, with categories and subcategories of block and a search function ( on Name or Description ), we currently have around 4000 blocks, so this would make life so much simpler. Coupled with an extractor, that extracts specified block information and counts of occurances it would be perfect. Thumbs%20Up

Out of interest... do you guys do bespoke development for customers ?

Tiger

Message 10 of 13

16-05-2008 08:16 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Maker

Yes more Block tools would be ideal, we work mainly with pre-defined blocks ( approx 4000 ), so anything that makes our lives easier is ideal.StarTiger2008-05-16 08:17:05

maker

Message 11 of 13

Wishlist 2009

Thanks, Tiger. Maybe they could integrate it into the 'Design Center' (there is already some support for inserting blocks and/or installing dwgs as blocks; all it needs is some functions added; perhaps making it a bit like the Autocad Palette tools).

4000 blocks! whew!

maker2008-05-16 10:07:20

OldForumPost

Message 12 of 13

20-05-2008 03:15 . am   |   View his/her posts only
hello, Tiger. In post, you talked about two functions of the block manager. I haven't found out some resource about that. But as for the search function in block manager, I have submitted this small feature to our R&D dept and they will consider whether and when to add it. About the Creating new blocks within categories and sub-categories, could you talked about it step by step so that we can verify whether it can be added in our block manager dialog box?Tongue

Tiger

Message 13 of 13

21-05-2008 05:37 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Rab,

The following site probably gives a better insight as to what I'm talking about :-

http://www.cadfx.com/flash/flash.phtml?filename=blockman

Category and SubCategory are really Library and Sub Libraries, just methods of categorising blocks, so that you only need look through a smaller number of blocks. This is particularly useful if we're space planning furniture within a design.

Most block manager software that I've come across simply displays a block or a matrix of blocks, but we would like to be able to choose, between a list of Descriptions or Codes and the actual graphical block. This means that clients can actually give us the exact codes that they require and we can pull them from the block manager.

As I said in an earlier post, the ideal compliment to this would be the ability to extract a list of all the blocks used wiythin a design and the quantity present of each.

Hope that helps.... Have a good day !!Smile
See also
X