Slow Print dialog box

Subscribe Topic

Roger Malinowski

Message 1 of 6

Slow Print dialog box
04-05-2008 07:17 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

I am trying out the 30 day download of 2008i standard. I love the program and was so looking forward to purchasing. Then I realized, there is a problem with plotting. I only need to print to a system printer but it takes an average of 2 minutes for the print dialog box to pop up. This is unacceptable. Also, doesn't ZWCAD show a white area to represent the paper size in paper space like I'm used to seeing in AutoCAD?Cry

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

04-05-2008 09:32 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello, Roger Mal. Firstly, thank you for your support to our software. As for the Plotting problem, please tell us the Plotting driver which you use to plot. Furthermore, I hope you can attach the file you used to print. That will help us check out the problem further. About the white area to represent the paper size, now our R&D dept are trying to resolve it. As you know, to strengthen the compatibility with AutoCAD is always one of the major point we are concerned about. Smile

Roger Malinowski

Message 3 of 6

Slow Print dialog box

Rab...Plt Driver? I'm printing to either of my system printers. A Brother black and white laser or a Xerox color laser. Please understand the printing is fine. It is the "print dialog box, or page set-up box that takes so long to come up. It will generally take one to two minutes for the dialog box to come up. Once it is there and I click on "print" it prints in good time, no complaint there. As for the file, it doesn't matter. I could start a new drawing and draw nothing more than a circle and it will still take minutes for the dialog box to come up.

If it matters I am using version 2008.04.15 (55.76)

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 6

05-05-2008 10:24 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello, Roger Mal. I have got your meaning and our R&D dept are trying to resolve it now. Smile

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 6

Slow Print dialog box
[QUOTE=RogerMal] It is the "print dialog box, or page set-up box that takes so long to come up. It will generally take one to two minutes for the dialog box to come up.
Btw, it happens with printers/plotters connected via USB cable, in case of LPT connection the situation is much better.Pavel2008-05-06 07:22:54

Roger Malinowski

Message 6 of 6

Slow Print dialog box
Pavel, Thank you, I didn't think of that but you are correct. Also all my drawings had one "block definition" in common. That block was created in AutoCAD 2002. If I remove that one block, things speed up, to what I would call normal and acceptable. I have rebuilt the, problem block, in ZWCAD and all work just fine.Clap
See also
X