CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Export dwg to emf and bmp in ZWCAD, how to get bigger emf and bmp?

Export dwg to emf and bmp in ZWCAD, how to get bigger emf and bmp?

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 7

Export dwg to emf and bmp in ZWCAD, how to get bigger emf and bmp?
07-05-2008 11:54 . am   |   View his/her posts only

EMF, BMP or other image format files exported from ZWCAD are too small, is there any way to obtain the bigger image?

Yes. While exporting the drawing into an image file, the drawing area size of ZWCAD shall be adjusted as large as possible so that the biggest image can be got. And the Zoom tool can be employed to zoom out the entities to the largest extent filling up the drawing area.
SmileSmile

maker

Message 2 of 7

07-05-2008 11:54 . am   |   View his/her posts only

Hello Rab, IMHO the best way would be to print it using the Virtual EPS Plotter, if using the Zwsoft Standard. Print it as anyname.EPS. Take it in Photoshop or Gimp and touch it up or print it. (This is the preferred way to get large images in Autocad, too)

If using Pro you can also export as PDF/SVG/EPS.

There are also free pdf printer drivers which allow you to 'print' any file as pdf. If not, installation of free version of Progesoft gives you two new printer drivers: pdf & jpg. (Perhaps I shouldn't be mentioning this here Wink )

BTW, I'm thrilled to know more about a subject than Rab Big%20smile

'm not sure whether exporting as pdf/svg/eps should get you really large images. Though, logically you should be able to resize vector formats to whatever size you want without loss of information.

maker2008-05-07 23:29:20

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 7

07-05-2008 01:53 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

[QUOTE=maker]BTW, I'm thrilled to know more about a subject than Rab Big%20smile

Hmm.... Just export functions not developed as much as in other softwares. Smile
I found ZWCAD export of objects with hidden lines to images is wrong. BUG?

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 7

07-05-2008 09:48 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Thank you for your advice! Pavel, could you describe your problem in detail? I have taken a try in ZWCAD and AutoCAD and there is no difference I can observe. SmileTongue

maker

Message 5 of 7

07-05-2008 11:26 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Hmm.... Just export functions not developed as much as in other softwares. Smile
I found ZWCAD export of objects with hidden lines to images is wrong. BUG?

Which export, specifically? Or is it all? BTW, like I mentioned, it's better to print as image (esp vector formats like EPS, SVG, WMF etc, or PDF) rather than export. That way you get much larger images (A4, A2, A0, whatever). And both scales and linetypes are maintained.

I haven't tried it - even in autocad -but shouldn't you be able to resize vector formats without losing crispness?

What I find surprising is that ZwCad doesn't have pdf print.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 7

08-05-2008 03:14 . am   |   View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=Rab Liu]Thank you for your advice! Pavel, could you describe your problem in detail? I have taken a try in ZWCAD and AutoCAD and there is no difference I can observe. SmileTongue
I didn't try it in AutoCAD, but question is about ZWCAD and correct export functions Smile

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 7

08-05-2008 11:28 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear all. At the moment, we have no plan to support PDF print function. As for the Export function, we will advance it surely
See also
X