CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > ZWCAD too slow to calculate hatch area

ZWCAD too slow to calculate hatch area

Subscribe Topic

luca

Message 1 of 5

09-05-2008 05:37 . am   |   View his/her posts only
one year ago I posted a topic on the importance of providing the esc function for when hatching takes too long to calculate so that instad of waiting ours for the program to calculate you could press esc and interrupt the process.
Somebody told me that that basic function would have been added in the 2008 version.
That did not happen and while I'm writing in this forum my zwcad is calculating an hatch area. I've a meeting in half an hour time and I can't work on the drawing because zw cad is calculating an hatch area.

Good strike................Angry

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 5

11-05-2008 10:56 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
hello, Spritz. I can use the ESC keyboard to cancel the hatch progress whether in ZWCAD2008 or ZWCAD2008i, our latest version. So could you describe your problem step by step? Except that, I hope you can attach the file to help us check out your problem. Smile

luca

Message 3 of 5

the file no loger have that problem because is been changed radically therefore I'm afraid that even if I send it it wouldn't be useful anymore.
Anyway consider that I had the same problem with other files.
You asked me to describe the problem better but there is not much to say. I tried to hatch a complex area and the program started to calculate. I had to terminate zwcad coz the program took too long and I had to restart to work from the latest automatic save. That's it.
Zwcad still has problems in calculating hatch areas. Often we are forced to divide areas in much smaller areas for hatching and that's a waste of time.
If you say that the esc function is been provided I belive you but I could not notice it so far. Anyway thanks for your readiness in answering and in trying to solve problems.

spritz2008-05-13 06:31:06

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 5

13-05-2008 10:15 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello, Spritz. Thank you for your info but actually I can't check out the problem yet. You mentioned there are some other files having the same problem, so could you select one of the files to sent us or attach here so that we can check out the problem? With your full support, ZWCAD will become better than better. Smile

luca

Message 5 of 5

ok next time I'll have this problem I'll save the file at that point and'I'll send it to you.

See also
X