CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > insert tiff into autocad or ZWCAD, convert/ import tiff into autocad, tfw

insert tiff into autocad or ZWCAD, convert/ import tiff into autocad, tfw

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 3

insert tiff into autocad or ZWCAD, convert/ import tiff into autocad, tfw
01-01-1970 08:00 . am   |   View his/her posts only
You might want to know how to insert tiff into autocad, how to import tiff into autocad or convert tiff to autocad. How to use tiff and tfw image file with CAD.

ZWCAD 2008i improved the Insert function to help engineers, especially topographical engineers, to manage TIF / TIFF images in a convenient way. It means TIF / TIFF images can be inserted with TFW coordinate file. Following is an example to describe the feature.

Suppose that there is a new city to be built, firstly the city territory, appearing as a DWG file, shall be divided using topographical coordinates as some small area, such as using rectangles to mark them. And for each resulting rectangle, there is an image, TIF or TIFF format, taken by plane to stand for. Furthermore, each image stores the exact coordinate data in the DWG file, and all of the data info is saved in a TFW file. Now while inserting the TIF or TIFF images into the DWG file, the TFW coordinate file can be inserted as well in the dialog box to let the different images match different rectangles.

The brief introduction via screen capture:

The Imageattach dialog box:

You might also like:
dwg to jpg
convert dwg to bmp
insert sid image
convert dwg to pdf with layers

Find the latest version of ZWCAD+:
http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad+/

mrchafe

Message 2 of 3

03-12-2011 04:59 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Thank you for very interesting article

mrchafe2011-12-30 10:50:39

fkimage6820

Message 3 of 3

21-01-2014 10:32 . am   |   View his/her posts only
good work on the tiff converter. it helps me when i am using autocard or ZWCAD.
i am interested in convert tiff to jpeg and convert tiff to bmp image format.

please keep up the good work, best luck to you
Lily
See also
X