CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > zwcad Poor Quality Fills & TTF fonts, TEXTQLTY doesn't work

zwcad Poor Quality Fills & TTF fonts, TEXTQLTY doesn't work

Subscribe Topic

jmethol

Message 1 of 9

zwcad Poor Quality Fills & TTF fonts, TEXTQLTY doesn't work
31-05-2008 12:49 . am   |   View his/her posts only
When I fill complex boundarys with SOLID hatch pattern the plot preview shows very poor quality around the boundary of the hatches area.
Also TTF fonts have imprecise borders.
I thought there was a "display problem" but when plotting to a pdf file the quality remains very poor.
I've tried with the TEXTQLTY variable but had no effects.
Any help ???

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 9

30-05-2008 02:26 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
hello, Jmethol. Could you send us the original file which encounter these problem? I created some boundary to hatch and use some TTF fonts to test the performance. And they worked well in my pc. So please attach the original DWG file here or send to our email box: tech@zwcad.com Tongue

jmethol

Message 3 of 9

30-05-2008 10:40 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Ok. I sent the dwg file and my comments to tech@zwcad.com

Thanks Rab

maker

Message 4 of 9

31-05-2008 12:49 . am   |   View his/her posts only

Hello Jmethol,
Bit late, I know, but I thought I should confirm your comments - at least regarding the fonts. My experiences:
1. Printing as 'eps', I get bad/weird results using the ARIAL font. The 'solid hatch' exportsokay, though. Preview was not very good, as you said, but I didn't feel it was too important.
2. Exporting as 'eps', OTOH, was interesting: everything came out okay - except that 'solid hatch' disappeared. Perhaps I need a few more tests here.

While (Rab &) the tech guys solve the problem, I'd suggest you try out pdfcreator - as suggested by Pavel in some other post. I'ts free and exports to quite a few formats besides pdf.

[edit] A few more test later: solid hatch still doesn't export; but all other hatches (and arial font) do! So, as an option, you could also export eps (Be sure to use the 'tools->options' for proper scale etc) - and, then, 'Flatten Layers' and fill in Photoshop (or whatever). Smile

maker2008-06-01 00:02:46

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 9

03-06-2008 11:40 . am   |   View his/her posts only

Dear all, thank you first. Here we talk about two questions about Hatch funtion. My colleague, Kevin and I have checked out them and they have been submitted to our R&D dept. We will keep you inform with the progress. Tongue

luca

Message 6 of 9

05-06-2008 05:08 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I had the same problem...........
but I had the same problem with autocad and other programs like illustrator.
I think that the problem is not related to zwcad but to some pdf options........

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 9

06-06-2008 03:18 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
hello, Spritz, Do you mean the Fonts appearance problem? Maybe you are right and please provide more info. That may help us improve the PDF quality.

jmethol

Message 8 of 9

07-06-2008 09:06 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello maker:

My requirementes are to print to pdf files, not eps.
Yesterday I found that in one layout the pdf file created had no SOLID HATCH. It disappear !!
I've tried with the Adobe Pdf Creator virtual printer and with CUTEPdf printer too. No way. Seems like it's a ZWCAD problem.

maker

Message 9 of 9

10-06-2008 12:00 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Jmethol,
Looks like you're right - unfortunately. I just tried it with Pdfcreator: the solid hatch came out quite poor. The font (arial) came out okay, though.
In my tests, the problem with disappearing (solid) hatch is there in EPS export, too.
About the only suggestion I can give right now is to install Adobe Acrobat - AFAIK it should import DWG files. Perhaps, till the trial period runs, the Zwcad patch will come.
Another is to export EPS, fill in the hatches (solid only - the rest seem to export okay) in Photoshop, and export PDF. Although these are "unnecessary" extra steps. Sorry.

-maker-

See also
X