CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Multiline Dline problem Bug

Multiline Dline problem Bug

Subscribe Topic

nathantheone

Message 1 of 10

28-07-2008 12:46 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi all,

First of all I've been a ZWCAD user for about a month and I think its a good replacement for Autocad. Keep up the good work! Most of my problems are fixed with the new update. Clap

But there is still a bug Unhappywith closed dline/multiline when stretching it by point. It depends on the way you use it (left to right or up or down etc.) to see the problem. It brakes the closed line. Take a look at:

uploads/20080728_003406_problem_with_mu.jpg

Also multiline edit for CT, OT en MT don't work.
I hope to see this fixes with a new update because I use them a lot.
Thanks and best regards,

Nathantheone

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 10

28-07-2008 02:11 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Dear Nathantheone,

Thank you very much for admiring.

We have checked the problemS, and we found that the multiline sometimes worked normally when stretched to right and down,but to the left and up it didn't work. The problem will be sent to our R&D department, could you please tell us what operation system the ZWCAD work in, and the version number of the ZWCAD,you can get it by inputing command "vernum" .

We have also tried the multiline edit for CT,OT and MT and found they work well. Please try again and follow the prompt, select the first mline of the intersectant multilines and then select the second one. If the problem still occurse, please contact us.

nathantheone

Message 3 of 10

28-07-2008 04:07 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
vernum: "2008.07.18(6248)"

Thank you for your fast reply

The problem still occurse
That's strange that you don't have this problem?! It sounds to me that I don't use it the right way. I can't imagine that its a conflict of version or has something to do with Vista. But all other edit commands work fine except for the T solution (CT, OT and MT). I have tested the T solution with different kinds of mline. I don't get it fixed and I know how to use this command because I used this command all the time as a exp. cad user. Any suggestions what to do?

Nathantheone

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 10

Hello Nathantheone,

I am very sorry that maybe I have made a mistake about your meaning. The following is my former operation.

And now I realize that maybe your problem actually as below, and it is a problem of ZWCAD.

Is that right? These are what I can guess. Could you please tell us what the problem exactly is? How couldn't the CT,OT,MT work?It will be so kind of you to send us your dwg file or a record about the operation is better. Our customer certer mailbox is tech@zwcad.com.

BTW, the problem about stretching the multiline has been report to our R&D department, the problem ID is 6924, please keep the number, you can get the latest information about this problem by sending us the number.

So sorry for any inconvenience. Any suggestion is appreciated.

nathantheone

Message 5 of 10

29-07-2008 06:04 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

It's exactly like the second screen.

I just tested it and the workaround like the first screen does also work for me. So I can use this all for the time being.

I will wait for a next update to see this bugs get fixed. Thank you
again for your fast reply, research and the ID-number (is this also for the T-solution?)

Best regards,

Nathantheone

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 10

Hello Nathantheeone,

The problem about the T-solution has been reported to our R&D department, the problem' number is 6938, we will inform you as soon as this problem is solved. We hope the temporary substitute operation as the first screen show doesn't bring you so much inconvenience. Smile

For any other problem, please feel free to contact us.

nathantheone

Message 7 of 10

05-08-2008 02:36 . am   |   View his/her posts only

Dear helpdesk,

Except from the other problems that I have with multiline/dline as explained above, I also experience the following problems:

- associative hatch with dline doesn't work.

- stretching with selection mode within a dline/multiline gives a dline a different angle??? I have a example included with a bathtube which I wanted to strech to the left to the wall. Steps are included.

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 10

05-08-2008 01:51 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Dear Nathantheone,

I am sorry for the inconvenience, we are handling the mline/dline problem. But during solving the problem, could you please try this temporary method to solve the problem? Here is it:
step one: draw a mline or dline from right to left(it is opposite to the normal drawing order)
step two: using "matchprop" command to match the properity of the mline/dline which you want to stretch with the new mline/dline which was drew from right to left.
step three:stretch the objects you want.
step four: match the property of the stretched objects with the new mline/dline again.

I know this will put you to much trouble, but it is better than nothing.
We will try our best to solve the problem as soon as possible.

nathantheone

Message 9 of 10

05-08-2008 03:13 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Thank you (also for this temp. solution)

Best regards,
Nathantheone

nathantheone

Message 10 of 10

06-08-2008 05:23 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear helpdesk,

If your trying to solve all the problems with the multiline. Please also check stretching a multiline with the perpendicular function to another wall/entity. When I do that the marker of the perpendicular doesn't always set it to 90 degr (straight line). When I stretch over the entity in a straight line and do the perpendicular back than it works. Right know I can't work with the multiline functions because there are to many errors and the walls (multiline) that I make are not precise straight. Also I have to check and drawover a lot of lines/blocks because at the speed that I draw ZWCAD doesn't always pick the right grip. Unhappy

Please look also at:
http://www.zwcad.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=266

I hope that evrything will be solved with the next update so I can Big%20smile again.

Thanks in advanced,
Nathantheone
See also
X