Subscribe Topic

nathantheone

Message 1 of 19

Hover grip
21-08-2008 05:17 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Does Zwcad have a hover grip function (color setting) like autocad and the magnet function? I can't find them.

Nathantheone

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 19

21-08-2008 05:17 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Nathantheone,

I am sorry that ZWCAD doesn't have the hover grip function, and I have reported your require to our R&D department and the ID is 7204, about the magnet function requirement, it has been sumitted to the R&D too, the serial number is 7205. Please keep the numbers, if there is any development about this two functions, I will inform you. I do hope it won't give you too much trouble without these two functions for the moment.

Have a nice day.

nathantheone

Message 3 of 19

23-08-2008 03:54 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Jenny,

I hope with the magnet and hover grip function that I can use zwcad faster to draw m-lines but also normal lines and more precise.

I experience a lot of trouble with grips (maybe a combination with polar tracking/orto?) to perpendicular. Lines that I draw are not always 90 dec.
The problem is (I think) that I don't get the perpendicular (with other snapmods on: endpoint, midpoint and intersection) exept when I draw over the object and set it back. Never expercienced this problem with autocad. Only experience it with difficult drawings with a lot of lines or multilines or blocks. Maybe it has something to do with the options of grips - config-selection by options (like grip attaction). My configs are grips all enabled
and attraction by 3 points. I can't fixed it. Please help.

Talking about options, when rightclicking on the commandprompt I get lettertype opion and not the normal option configuration.

Thank you and best regards,

Nathantheone

nathantheone

Message 4 of 19

27-08-2008 10:44 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I copied the same setting as in autocad. My problem is solved. The standard setting on zwcad were different. Had to change o-snapsettings (snap and grid and polar tracking). If you experience the same problems as below when using polar tracking check o-snapsettings.

nathantheone

Message 5 of 19

28-08-2008 02:11 . am   |   View his/her posts only

Sorry, still not working. Problem with o-tracking wrong topic. I don't get endpoint to be 90 dec.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 19

09-06-2010 05:42 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Nathantheone ~
Does the problem happen to ZWCAD 2010 ?Carol2010-06-09 17:43:14

Mike

Message 7 of 19

02-12-2010 09:03 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I too have a problem with grips...

If I start a new drawing in ZWcad2011beta the grips work exactly as they do in AutoCad, however, if I do a zoom they cease to work.
I can 'hover' and light up the green highlight but I cannot select (Turn grip red) and stretch on the object. UNDOing back to the start of the drawing i.e. no objects defined then draw a new object the grips will still not work. I originally found this problem when importing complex files from AutoCad (Lots of solids and 3dpoly lines etc).

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 19

02-12-2010 09:22 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear cncorbust,

Do you mean that once you do a zoom and you cannot select the grips?

As this problem may only happen to large and complex drawings, so please send us your drawing to tech@zwcad.com for us to test , and we will keep confidential for you, just like what I said in your another post here. thanks!

Mike

Message 9 of 19

03-12-2010 07:59 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I have done some experimenting with the grips problem; Here is one process that causes the problem.

1) Load ZWcad2011beta
2) draw a few lines
3) Try grips edit ...it works OK
4) Clear any selections (Left Click in a neutral area of the screen)
5) Highlight any one of the lines previously drawn (the command line should be clear)
6) Enter 'l' for line draw command on the command line
7) Draw a line
8) Try grips editing...it fails

Even UNDOing everything back to the start will not make grips edit work.
Closing this drawing and starting a new drawing will also not get grips editing working.
Only reloading ZWcad will bring grips editing back into operation.

It seems that the offending action is in Item 5) [ Highlight any one of the lines previously drawn (the command line should be clear) ]
If there is nothing highlighted (selected) on the screen and line draw is entered and lines are drawn then grips editing will
continue to work OK.

I originally did believe that it was zooming that caused the problem but I have test the above steps and they are repeatable. It could be that if any command is called for whiole an object is highlighted could also cause the problem and could be why I thought that zoom was the cause.

Mike

Also when you ask to send in a file to techsupport to whom should I address the file?

Mike

OldForumPost

Message 10 of 19

05-12-2010 08:30 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear cncorbust,

I followed your steps and tried several times, but ther result just normal, I can edit grips what ever I've done. Nothing wrong happened, here is my operations, I made it as a animation for you to see if I am doing exactly what you said.

My OS is Win xp, and the ZWCAD version is 2010.11.04(15866), it's the beta 2 version. You can download it on our website. Can I know your version number and OS?

Thanks for your feed back!

Mike

Message 11 of 19

06-12-2010 10:23 . am   |   View his/her posts only
That's a neat animation, how did you produce that? Is that a function available in ZWcad?

The animation moves quickly so I might have missed the specific action that , on my installation, causes the grips editing failure. The animation shows you entering the { l } for line draw at the command prompt but I think it shows you doing so after cancelling the previous grips selection. Grips editing works OK on my system so long as I do not enter another command while the grips editor has an object selected. The line draw selection has to made in the command line not in the dynamic selection box.

Here is my version number 2010.11.04(15866)

Mike

Mike

Message 12 of 19

06-12-2010 11:09 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I have just confirmed that when using the DYN input grips editing works as it should. Using command line input as I described earlier does cause the grips failure as my previous email described.

Follow the steps in that email, making sure that you use command line input NOT the DYN input and you will find that the grips editing will fail.

Mike

OldForumPost

Message 13 of 19

06-12-2010 08:03 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Mike,

Do you mean that turn DYN off will cause this problem? I tried but still no problem.

About the animation, it's made by a simple tool, GIF maker, it's very easy to use but all in Chinese language. So I translate the interface for you, I hope you can make the same animation for me to see the problem, thanks.

Download the software here:http://classic.zwcad.org/forum/uploads/GIF_maker.rar<;/A>
The interface translation:

After recording, you can save your file to GIF format , post it here or send it to our email. Thanks in advance.

Currently you can turn on DYN mode to avoid the problem.Daniel2010-12-06 20:14:37

Mike

Message 14 of 19

07-12-2010 08:48 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Thanks for the GIF/video, I will try it later.

Turning off DYN input does not by itself cause the problem, using the command line does cause the problem.

Please follow these steps exactly

1) Load ZWcad2011beta
2) Turn DYN input off <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
3) draw a few lines using the COMMAND LINE and keyboard input
4) Try grips edit ...it works OK
5) Clear any selections (Left Click in a neutral area of the screen)
6) Highlight any one of the lines previously drawn. DO NOT CLEAR THIS SELECTION
7) Type 'l' on the COMMAND LINE
8) Hit ENTER on the keyboard
9) Draw a line
10) Try grips editing...it fails

This is a revised sequence that I hope will clarify how the problem occurs

Mike

OldForumPost

Message 15 of 19

07-12-2010 07:21 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Mike,

I followed your step EXACTLY many times, but problem just didn't happen.

I think, there may be some difference configuration between your ZWCAD and mine, so could you please let me see your OPTION settings? Such as the DISPLAY tab, SELECTION tab, PREFERENCE tab and DRAFT tab. If you can send me a video to see how the problem happens in your side, it will be much helpful.

Since the upload function may be not available now in the forum, so you can send the screenshot directly to me by email: tech@zwcad.com

Thanks for your cooperation and patience, we really appreciate.

Mike

Message 16 of 19

09-12-2010 10:46 . am   |   View his/her posts only
We do seem to have a difficult problem, thank you for your perseverence. You are correct that it appears that the option for the right mouse click customization makes a difference as to how the problem shows itself.
I have just made 2 video sequences ( I could not do it in one sequence because the video routine I am able to use makes very big files and a single file would be too big for my SMTP server so please keep persevering) One sequence shows me setting the right click mouse button settings, the other sequence show my going through the steps that leed to the grips ediing failure. Unfortunately the drawing sequence does not show that I am using the right mouse click NOT the keyboard enter key but you will see that after I type an 'M' for move on the command line and enter it using the right mouse click I can no longer select a grip, i.e. I can select and turn the grips green but cannot get them to turn red and move and stretch.

I will send the files to the address you suggested together with a DWG file that I generated. The grips editing works on this DWG after it was reloaded.

OldForumPost

Message 17 of 19

09-12-2010 08:25 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Mike, thanks for the video and it really helped me to reproduce the problem, now I've confirmed the problem, it does exists.

In the beta version, after the right mouse click setting like yours, and do those operation, both editing and creating command will cause the problem.

And I also tested in official version, with the same setting and operation, the editing command is ok, will not cause problem,like move. but creating command still cause the problem, like line, pline, circle, etc.

Thanks for your feedback and cooperation, to confirm the problem. I will report it to our R&D team to fix it ASAP, if any improvement, I will let you know.

OldForumPost

Message 18 of 19

06-03-2011 07:21 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

is there a work around solution when using grip so it does not freeze?

when is the current problem expected to be solved?

OldForumPost

Message 19 of 19

07-03-2011 07:02 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi fred,

Actually the problem discussed in this post has been solved, please try our patch:
http://download.zwcad.org/en/2011MsiInstaller/2011.02.28(16566)/ZWCAD2011EngWeb.msi
It's a full installation, so you need to uninstall your current ZWCAD first.
Any further question, please don't hesitate to contact us. thanks!
See also
X