CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Layout Viewports and Layer Plot Styles problems

Layout Viewports and Layer Plot Styles problems

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 3

03-07-2009 11:12 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello everyone,

I've been working with ZWCAD for a short time at my new job but i'm much used to work with AutoCAD.

The BIG problems that i've encountered are that you cannot deactivate layers from the viewports in the layouts. The funny thing is that the icons to do these actions actually exist, they are the "Current VP Freeze" and "New VP Freeze" icons that appear in the layer manager when you open it inside the layout, but they do nothing. So, how come?

Also, when i modify the properties of a layer like colour, for example, they don't change in the layout viewport and i'm forced to make a new viewport which is extremely annoying and a waste of time. So, is there a way to "reload" the viewports so they update to the new layer settings?

And the last thing is that i haven't found a way to change the plot styles of the layers in the layer manager, they appear greyed out. Is there another possible way of doing it?

Hope you can help me with these problems or address them soon on next updates, i think they are really important things to fix.

Thank you!

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 3

06-07-2009 02:43 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Hello,MKArch,
Thanks for your feedback!

For the

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 3

06-07-2009 06:08 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Thanks for the quick reply!

I've seen now that you can activate/deactivate layers from viewports if these layers are from a drawing that is placed on the model space of the file, but it doesn't work with External Reference Layers, which is what i was looking for. Hope the problem will be addressed soon, as you say.

As for the plot styles, i want to work with stb plot styles and i use a set of styles that then i apply to each of the layers. You can add all the styles that you need into the STB plotstyle but, if you cannot assign these styles to the layers from the layer manager like i explained in my first message, where can you do it from? Because in the plot style editor you cannot as far as i know. These problem doesn't exist with CTB since you assign plotstyles by color which you can obviously change from the layer manager, so i'm going to be working with the CTB system for now, but i would really like to know how do people work in ZWCAD with STBs.

Another problem related to it is that the only way i can get into the plot style editor is through the plotting menu, when you are about to print or in the page setup of the layouts. If i go to File>Plot Style Manager it opens the folder with the plotstyles but these files cannot be opened from here into the editor, so that kind of makes things difficult too.

Thanks again, i'm looking forward for your reply.MKArch2009-07-06 18:09:14

See more:
autocad create viewport
unlock viewport
max viewport
viewport freeze
See also
X