CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > OpenGL or Direct3D in Zwcad? cad opengl directx

OpenGL or Direct3D in Zwcad? cad opengl directx

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 6

OpenGL or Direct3D in Zwcad? cad opengl directx
23-02-2010 12:37 . am   |   View his/her posts only
cad opengl directx

Hello.

I wonder if the 3D view in Zwcad is actually hardware acelerated?

In Autocad you can choose between Software, OpenGL or Direct3D. The Direct3D can further be set up in the graphics driver control panel and you can get a way faster anb better looking 3D performance.

What about Zwcad?

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

18-12-2009 03:59 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Cupax,

As to 3D drawings, ZWCAD do not support hardware acceleration. Generally, there is no obvious difference between using hardware acceleration and not using it, when opening or editing 3D drawings in not too large size. Meanwhile, ZWCAD is getting faster and becoming more stable. Especially in the ZWCAD 2010 Beta version, which was released a few days ago, there are many improvement on speed and 3D drawings. If you have not experienced it, below is the download link for you to have a try:

http://www.zwcad.org/DownFile.asp?DownType=1&ID=20

I think this version will satisfy you better.

Best Regards,

Sincerely yours,

Denny.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 6

15-01-2010 01:23 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Well, this is such not the answer I was hoping to get.

Hardware acelerated 3D views (Direct3D, not OpenGL) are VERY important for serious 3D work. The display quality is far superior with shaded planes, antialiased lines, even shadows... I can't even imagine working on a whole building with software acelerated 3D views, not to mention presentations to the clients.

I think Zwcad has to include this in future versions if you even think to enter the 3D world.

David

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 6

23-02-2010 12:37 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, David

Thank you so much for your suggestions, and I agree with you. Take advantage of better hardware and make better use of them is the key to gain better performance of software, such as multiple core or Direct 3D. We'll try our best to use the advanced technology to improve ZWCAD.

Best Regards
Colin

dang xuan nguyen

Message 5 of 6

04-10-2011 12:35 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Direct3D application development generally targets the Microsoft Windows platform. The OpenGL API is available under an open source license, and implementations exist for a wide variety of platforms.
Direct3D OpenGL
Platform Microsoft Windows Cross-platform
Mobile Platforms Direct3D Mobile OpenGL for Embedded Systems (OpenGL ES)
License Proprietary Open source or trademark
In more detail, the two computer graphics APIs are:
Direct3D is a proprietary API that provides functions to render three dimensional graphics, and uses hardware acceleration if it is available on the graphics card. It was designed by Microsoft Corporation for use on the Windows platform. It can also be used on other operating systems through special software such as Wine, although the subset of features provided is not as complete as the reference implementation.
OpenGL is an open standard API that provides a number of functions to render 2D and 3D graphics, and is available on most modern operating systems including but not limited to Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux.
Note, that many of essential OpenGL extensions and methods, although documented, are actually patented, thus imposing serious legal troubles to implement them (see issues with Mesa)[citation needed].
OpenGL and Direct3D are both implemented in the display driver. The following compares the two APIs, structured around various considerations mostly relevant to game development.
I think what also choose not matter :D

building design brisbane
foot doctor San Antonio

nero13

禁止发言

Message 6 of 6

10-10-2011 12:13 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
i hope it can help you
good luck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_OpenGL_and_Direct3D

X