CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Snapping and Object highlighting

Snapping and Object highlighting

Subscribe Topic

Brian

Message 1 of 6

25-02-2010 03:46 . am   |   View his/her posts only
In my quest to obtain a copy of a CAD program, I searched the web in November 2009 and came across ZWCad which impressed me.
Up until that time I have, over the years, been operating company owned AutoCad versions, namely ranging 95 LT, 2000, 2004 and 2007.

I was provided with a trial copy of ZWCad by the local distributor in my area and spent time aquainting myself with the program.
It became obvious that one of the operations namely the "Snap to" command was not accurate unless one went to the trouble zooming in to ensure the that the snap homed in on the correct point.
This problem was of particular concern to me as an incorrect snap point could result in the production of an inaccurate drawing resulting in very costly time delays and rework at the time of assembly or site construction including the possible dismissal of the CAD operator for producing inaccurate drawings.

Has this issue been resolved in the 2010 version which I plan to obtain in a few weeks time?

An Autocad feature which I was impressed with was the highlighting of objects which appeared as one moved the cursor over the drawing which became apparent to me when using Acad 2007.
This function I believe, would assist with ensuring the snap and is also of great assistance when performing other operations.
Do you plan to introduce this feature in ZWCad?

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

Hi, Wibri

The snap function has been improved in ZWCAD 2010, and it would be faster to working on the large drawing. In order to understand the problem you mentioned more clearly, could you please provide more information for me? Does it happen on each drawing or specific drawing? I appreciate that if you can provide the drawing for the explanation, you can send it to tech@zwcad.com. And if it does happen, we'll take immediate action to fix it ASAP.

Best regards

Colin

Brian

Message 3 of 6

Colin
Many thanks for your reply.
The problem occurred when I was attempting to produce a drawing initially drawing two circles, one within the other and finding that the second circle was not concentric (drawn snapping to the center of the first circle.
As stated this happened when using a trial copy of 2009i.
Now have installed a copy of 2010 in preparation of purchasing the software in a few weeks time.
2010 is certainly faster, impressive, although I have not attempted to repeat the test I did on 2009i.
i will try and inform you if the problem still exists which I somehow doubt.
I am also interested in the object highlighting feature mentioned.
Could you comment on this please?

Brian

Message 4 of 6

Colin

I have attempted the same circle drawing procedure on 2010 and find the snapping to be correct.
No being able to refer to my previous attempt in 2009i as it was not saved.
I can only surmise that possibly the first circle was produced without grid snap and the second with grid snap on, for I can't think of any other reason for my original problem.

I am still however interested in your and other forum members response to my comment regarding object highlighting? I have found it very helpful in identifying objects without having to zoom in on them specifically.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 6

01-03-2010 06:06 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Wilbri,

Thank you for your information very much. I am very glad to hear from you that the "Snap" problem has been solved in the ZWCAD 2010.

"Object highlighting" is a very useful function, and we are evaluating this function and may consider it in our development plan in future. If there is any progress about it, I will inform you as soon as possible.

If there are any other questions about ZWCAD, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
DennyDenny2010-03-01 18:07:51

Brian

Message 6 of 6

Many thanks Denny

I look forward to participating in a positive manner.
I have replied to an e-mail received from Tenny today which expresses my concerns.
I believe that you have produced a very good product in a short space of time and realize that it is under constant development.
Looking forward to my purchase.

See also
X