CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Associative dimensions

Associative dimensions

Subscribe Topic

Brian

Message 1 of 4

Associative dimensions
07-04-2010 01:44 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I am having a problem with the DIMASSOC system variable setting.
Using ZWCAD 2010 Professional.
According to your "Mastering ZWCAD" tutorial of which I have a copy, the DIMASSOCsystem variable can be set in three modes.
I am particularly interested in setting 2 which according to the tutorial sets dimensions so that they will automatically adjust the to suite any changes namely relocating or re-orientating a line or other component.
This is simila4r to AutoCad which works.
I have set DIMASSOC to the recommended 2 and find that it does not automatically adjust.Confused

Please respond with advice as this matter is urgent?

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

07-04-2010 01:57 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

In ZWCAD, the value 1 and 2 of "Dimassoc" has the same effect. For we don't support the associative dimension at present. Actually, many customers need this function, and we are trying to develop it, but may not in a short period time.

Expected result:
1. set "dimassoc" to 2
2. create a circle and then add the radius dimension for it
3. change the circle to a small one through the grips and the dimension will automatically change.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 4

Associative dimensions
07-04-2010 01:44 . am   |   View his/her posts only
If a feature is currently not available then it should be noted in a matrix that the user can readily consult. Leaving the malfunctioning option < 2 > in the program is misleading, wastes users' time and leads to frustration.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 4

08-04-2010 02:32 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
thank you for your suggestion, Tesla. we will consider your advice, besides, we will try to support associative dimension as soon as possible, so that our customer could use this function as well as the option "2" in dimassoc.
See also
X