CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Real perspective

Real perspective

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 10

26-05-2010 08:03 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi,

Does ZWCad 2010 Pro offer the possibility of generate realistic views of the 3D model, with realistic perspective and realistic rendering?

Thanks,

Dick Vigarista

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 10

Real perspective
18-06-2010 03:30 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Hello Dick Vigarista, 3D realistic features such as Shade, Hide, Render etc. are available in ZWCAD 2008~ZWCAD 2010.

Mike

Message 3 of 10

Real perspective
I see the pictures but how are they generated? I cannot find any command in the pull down menues that allows selection of prespective views and also allows setting camera angle, distance and lenses.

Are these selections referred to in any document?

Mike

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 10

Real perspective
Hi Mike, in ZWCAD, there is NOT a single command or menu item called PESPECTIVE or something like that. To display a pespective view, you can use VPOINT command:

VPOINT-> PE-> on, then the drawing will be in a pespective view. Thanks!

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 10

09-03-2011 03:39 . am   |   View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=cncorbust] I see the pictures but how are they generated??I cannot find any command in the pull down menues that allows selection of prespective views and also allows setting camera angle, 3ds games carddistance and lenses.

Ibercad

Message 6 of 10

Real perspective
Hi Dick Vigarista,

You can use Vpoint , then PErspective and ON to change to perspective view as Luisa Nova said and you can also adjust the perspective using an old Autocad R14 tool that is included also on ZWCAD that is called DVIEW.

The command DVIEW has several options with which you can adjust the perspective view. For further details search for DVIEW in the HELP menu.

Bom trabalho! Wink

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 10

28-03-2011 08:41 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, I have an additional question: Is there any implementation in ZWCad2011 for a dynamic/intuitive setting of perspective
views
, let's say like the "ORBIT" command in autocad?

The VPOINT, as I am used to it in ZWCad 2008, is still very primitive, as it offers a limited interactive and intuitive way to set a viewpoint and a perspective.

Thanks!

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 10

Real perspective

Dear Horia,

As I know, ORBIT command in AutoCAD is just for orbit the 3D view, with no more other settings, and in ZWCAD pespective view, you can also use RTROT command to orbit the view. Same effect.

May be you are talking about another command, may you clarify it in detail?

OldForumPost

Message 9 of 10

Real perspective
I will detail:

in autocad, the Orbit command allows to set a perspective view.

The same command exists in the menu of zwcad (as it tries to copy autocad very exact). But this "3dorbit" command from the menu isn't there when you try to type it, it is called differently (in zwcad) : RTOT (as you wrote).

The orbit command in autocad allows one to:
- set the perspective view on (or leave it in a parallel projection)
- change the distance between the camera and the target
- pan, etc.

what i miss in zwcad is a unified command that does it similar.
orbit (rtot) does not set the perspective view "ON". you have to go to "dview" and set it there.
But RTOT can do what DVIEW does, by using that sphere view command, where one can set the perspective view in a much easier and intuitive manner than in DVIEW.
in RTOT one cannot set target-camera distance, and other things. He has to go back again to dview.

So when using zwcad to set rapidly perspective views, i have to work a lot, switching between different commands, and i'm feeling like being constrained and poorly sustained by the software.

Are there changes in these matters in zwcad 2011? (this would be for me one of the reasons to upgrade)

OldForumPost

Message 10 of 10

Real perspective
Horia,

I suggest you use vpoint command to set the pespective view, then use RTROT command to orbit.

FYI, in ZWCAD 2011, the DVIEW , RTROT and VPOINT commands are not changed.
See also
X